I can't decide between putting my cat to sleep, or trying treatment.?
I love my cat so much; I've had her since I was 6 years old. I just can't picture her not being around.
The vet told me about a treatment-- it's about 10 minutes, once a week (for the rest of her life)-- and it should get her appetite back and help out her kidneys. It wont FIX the problem, but if she responds to it, it could add anywhere from a week to a few years to her life. During that time, she still might have her ups and downs.
If I let her die naturally with time (medicated or not), she'll end up being in pain. However, if I choose to euthanize her, I'm so afraid that I'd be cutting her life short when she could have had a couple more years left.
Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do; I've never put a pet to sleep before, and I've never even had anyone close to me pass away. I'm devastated.