I can't decide between putting my cat to sleep, or trying treatment.?

My 13 year old Persian was diagnosed today with Chronic Renal Failure. My vet says she isn't in pain, but probably is experiencing a general feeling of being unwell. I guess they've come to that conclusion because that's how a lot of humans with the same thing describe it. I love my cat so much; I've had her... show more My 13 year old Persian was diagnosed today with Chronic Renal Failure. My vet says she isn't in pain, but probably is experiencing a general feeling of being unwell. I guess they've come to that conclusion because that's how a lot of humans with the same thing describe it.

I love my cat so much; I've had her since I was 6 years old. I just can't picture her not being around.

The vet told me about a treatment-- it's about 10 minutes, once a week (for the rest of her life)-- and it should get her appetite back and help out her kidneys. It wont FIX the problem, but if she responds to it, it could add anywhere from a week to a few years to her life. During that time, she still might have her ups and downs.

If I let her die naturally with time (medicated or not), she'll end up being in pain. However, if I choose to euthanize her, I'm so afraid that I'd be cutting her life short when she could have had a couple more years left.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do; I've never put a pet to sleep before, and I've never even had anyone close to me pass away. I'm devastated.