Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

Poem? Tell me what you think..?

So here's a poem I wrote. I really just threw it together. I was trying to go to sleep then I just came up with this poem. Odd, huh? I know.

So here it is oh, and it's called I'm Me.

-Clears Throat- (Loll)

They stop, They stare

I'm different, who cares?

They mock me, They tease me

I say they all just want to be me

They ask me to change like them, and that's something I cant do.

I can't live a lie that's so so untrue.

I can't be like them but their steadily asking me, "When, When and When?"

I've made up my mind, I can't be like them.

I can't be someone else, until I'm put to rest.

I'm me, I say. Take it or leave it, like it or not, I'm still going to be me and not you on the clock. My name is Alexis, I don't live in Texas, and I don't drive a Lexus.

I'm me like I said, take it or leave it, like it or not, I'm STILL NOT going to be you around the clock.

Ha, The End.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

tells you something about our society and how so many people need to change to "fit in". i made a change in 8th grade and startin hangin with my real friends instead of who i wanted to be....now im myself

sweet poem though

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Quite a strong message you have written young lady. It's layout is not the thing here but what you have said. It is a forcible message that you have penned.

• 1 decade ago

haha thats almost like a rap song than a poem. If you came up with that before going to sleep, you most thing about your haters alot when going to bed. but thats cool... i rap myself and i wouldnt say its the ish but its decent...

• 1 decade ago

It was really good until the my name is alexis....and so on that just sounds like an elementary thing

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Certainly its obvious you like to be "different" just for the sake of being different -- as is evident by your name ! Ugh ! who wants a monochromatic rainbow ?

• 1 decade ago

OMG!! that would be such a good song!! ahh i wish i could come up with that i write songs and have my own little recording studio.. =]

• 1 decade ago

Very Creative! Keep that pencil handy.

• yjnt
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Whoever 'they' are , they certainly musta got the message , seeing how you repeat it about 'n' times !

• 1 decade ago

sounds amature but you the flow is good. keep at it you may be the next maya angelo

• 1 decade ago

Wow really good poem!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.