Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

Poem? Tell me what you think..?

So here's a poem I wrote. I really just threw it together. I was trying to go to sleep then I just came up with this poem. Odd, huh? I know.

So here it is oh, and it's called I'm Me.

-Clears Throat- (Loll)

They stop, They stare

I'm different, who cares?

They mock me, They tease me

I say they all just want to be me

They ask me to change like them, and that's something I cant do.

I can't live a lie that's so so untrue.

I can't be like them but their steadily asking me, "When, When and When?"

I've made up my mind, I can't be like them.

I can't be someone else, until I'm put to rest.

I'm me, I say. Take it or leave it, like it or not, I'm still going to be me and not you on the clock. My name is Alexis, I don't live in Texas, and I don't drive a Lexus.

I'm me like I said, take it or leave it, like it or not, I'm STILL NOT going to be you around the clock.

Ha, The End.

Favorite Answer

tells you something about our society and how so many people need to change to "fit in". i made a change in 8th grade and startin hangin with my real friends instead of who i wanted to be....now im myself

sweet poem though

Quite a strong message you have written young lady. It's layout is not the thing here but what you have said. It is a forcible message that you have penned.

haha thats almost like a rap song than a poem. If you came up with that before going to sleep, you most thing about your haters alot when going to bed. but thats cool... i rap myself and i wouldnt say its the ish but its decent...

It was really good until the my name is alexis....and so on that just sounds like an elementary thing

Certainly its obvious you like to be "different" just for the sake of being different -- as is evident by your name ! Ugh ! who wants a monochromatic rainbow ?

OMG!! that would be such a good song!! ahh i wish i could come up with that i write songs and have my own little recording studio.. =]

Very Creative! Keep that pencil handy.

• yjnt

Whoever 'they' are , they certainly musta got the message , seeing how you repeat it about 'n' times !

sounds amature but you the flow is good. keep at it you may be the next maya angelo

Wow really good poem!