Why do some men have cold-attitudes toward to their women after a while? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!?

PLEASE HELP ME :( --------------------------------- Lost of interest? My boyfriend wasn't like himself when I first met him. Before, he was so sweet and always responsive to me whenever I talk to him (such as MSN). We even used to talk on the phone as well for hours end, but we stopped. He only calls... show more PLEASE HELP ME :(
---------------------------------

Lost of interest?

My boyfriend wasn't like himself when I first met him. Before, he was so sweet and always responsive to me whenever I talk to him (such as MSN). We even used to talk on the phone as well for hours end, but we stopped. He only calls whenever his Internet would be down. The small things was nice. But he's cheap and self-interested when it comes to investment. Before I used to spoil him, now I will not do so.

After a while, he stopped leaving messages on my MSN about how much he misses me or how much he "<3"s me or something sweet in the morning, so when I wake up, I'll feel a smile on my face for the morning. And whenever I talk to him on MSN, it's like I'm talking to an unresponsive user who is constantly distracted and only replies whenever I have a question, but if I ask too many questions at the same time, he'll only answer one and the only time he would send me a message willingly on his end is to say "Good Night <3".

He's always saying how much he wants to "talk" to me. Right. I find that extremely UNBELIEVABLE. And whenever I do talk to him, he doesn't find much interest. I become depressed because of what Dale Carnegie said that everyone is only best interested in themselves even lovers, and that human beings are selfish naturally and instinctively and we don't even notice it.

So, in summary:

- Doesn't buy me gifts or anything, took me out to dinner once, that's it.
- Stopped leaving cute messages
- Stopped calling me; only to call when his Internet is down (rarely)
- MSN conversations are like dried up balls
- He doesn't seem to be interested in what I have to say
- Seems distracted

But, the thing is that, in REAL life, he is extremely affectionate and caring. Is it possibly that men's brains are mono-activity-wise? That they can only do one thing at a time, and they can't very well at all multi-task? And when they talk, they lack body language and they get precisely to the point of what they want to say?

What should I do to make him sweeter again? Should I make him miss me by not talking or seeing him for a week? Should I give him the cold-shoulder? He CLEARLY knows that I spoil him and that he understands that he spends all of his money on himself. He's extremely forgetful though. He forget that I had a foot injury and I wasn't able to catch up to him and I would be left behind often.

I sometimes feel very bitter. I read from eHarmony.com, in the people's advice section that men don't get these messages from women and they honestly don't understand how relationship works.

I don't want to dump him, I want to make this relationship work out!

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Should I just communicate to him like any other guy do? Just talk to him straight out and feel little emotions about it? Almost like a android! =D ...
Update: "Um-mm how old are you guys?"
18 and 18

"do you feel that you are high maintenance?"
Not exactly, but I'm a girl and I want to feel a bit special. He doesn't give me anything though.
Update 2: TO CC: "Um-mm how old are you guys?" 18 and 18 "do you feel that you are high maintenance?" Not exactly, but I'm a girl and I want to feel a bit special. He doesn't give me anything though. Yeah, but I always think of myself secondly... It's still parishly selfish to say... show more TO CC:

"Um-mm how old are you guys?"
18 and 18

Yeah, but I always think of myself secondly... It's still parishly selfish to say that I want what's best of me, but he already has the best of himself because of me.

http://advice.eharmony.com/?page=view_thread&TID=17067
The "expert" advice I was referring to is to this link.
READ "Jacequesne"'s first comment. He's so intelligent in his saying!
Update 3: To DingleBored:

Then just answer the question, you don't have to read my long *** information which could be crucial to the answer i'll be looking for and possibly... irrelevant! Anyway, go ahead and try to skim through at least some parts...