Is there anywhere you can actually go to discuss spirituality?

Is there anywhere one can go to discuss spirituality etc. on the internet where the people know not to ask the foolish questions they ask here.

I'm tired of everyone coming up with ideas that are hardly unique, and asking them in effort to discredit or stir up people of other creeds on Yahoo! Answers.

Is there anywhere a person can go to have an honest-to-god real philosophical debate?

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/

It's a pretty good site for people of all beliefs (Christians, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, Shintoists, Taoists, Atheists, etc...) and creeds (Dualism, Intelligent Design, Creationism, New Age Spirituality, Materialism, etc...) to talk about issues, controversies, topics, subjects, and notions of varying degree...

Source(s): current forum member...

To discuss spirituality, go inside my friend.

Everything external will suggest only how to define and 'name' your spirituality; what your God should be called, what He calls you to.

My own Truth: God is, and always has been, inside of me. I've been told to be wary of 'feeling', but it is just that which has shown me my Truth.

When I go looking for answers externally, I am usually hoping someone will confirm what I already suspect to be true, for myself. When I speak with God - not the Western 'HIM' ideal rather, that which enables and controls all and everything, then, now and forever - I am always answered.

So, after yet more rambling....... Return to the beginning, go back to the entrance of the labyrinth, to find the exit. You wouldn't look for sunshine or rain in your living room right? Equally so with all that is true; the truth, is the truth it is assigned by you; the truth of the majority is only the 'convenient truth. A cookie cutter heaven.

Something so exquisite deserves a bit more attention.

Source(s): My heart
  • ICU

Like minds love to share the same swimming hole! Perhaps you should dig one of your own... start your own site where people, such as yourself could come to share their knowledge and their feelings about things on a more sensible level. This would probably give you more satisfaction than trying to find something already existing. This is a tough subject to keep clean! I wish you the best, however you go about it.

• Eric H

"foolish questions" in religion are usually the ones that the other guy asks. You'll find that everywhere.

Google groups has a religion section, but it's mostly just a shouting match nowadays.

Go to your state listings of Chat Rooms.

Some are for mature audiences only and all follow FCC rules and regulations.

If it is your goal to chat/dicuss/theorize - try it.

IF You are easily offended, just log out and find another. Their are unlimited topics and some even allow suggestions for cosnideration.

Source(s): All it is, is a KISS - keep it simple stewped. Not that I am impling anything.

Some of us do like to have a real discussion. You just have to filter out all the nonsense, but we are here and willing to contemplate and debate.

one should not go to anywhere except into one's own heart&mind.in addition to introspection,one can take the help of nature,parent,teacher,good books&like minded persons.

A mental institution.

The park where homeless people hang out.

Prison.

I would suggest talking to God; when He answers it's like no one on the earth has ever said a word. God can answer us to complete silence.