Why do people make such a big deal about Obama being black?

He is half white too?

Why do people forget that?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

O'Bama doesn't "look white" that's why people don't acknowledge it. This country has never had a black president and a lot of people aren't ready for that. Some people don't like change, others are racist (openly or not) Personally, I have no problem with the guy. I don't particularly agree with him on all his political views but overall seems like a decent guy. His race is a sensational topic. The media loves sensation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't, and Im white as a ghost. I was so on his boat until I read his books and did a bit of research. And, it is not because he is half black or half white that I have decided he is not the person for the job. I am just as much ready for a black, asian, mixed, I dont care, person to run this country right as the next person believe me!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because Obama does not racially look like any of the presidents on the dollar bills.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

america is just trying to adjust to the thought of having a black president.No one really cares if he's half white because it would'nt really matter to america if another WHITE man becomes president....I hope this helped

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know!!! I was just talking to some friends about that the other day. Its so dumb! like who the hell cares what colour his skin is?? Its how he would run a country that people should be caring about!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the country has never elected a non-white president..Im sure if he was asian his race would still be a big deal..

• jimmyd
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I can care less about his color, it's his inexperience in world affairs. He is novice enough to our own politics. His ideologies and mine don't gel too well together either.

• 1 decade ago

i dont. the mainstream media does, cause its republican-agend runned.

for whoever bad rated me:

oh please that is so true they dont say Sh-i-t about mccain but they say stuff about obama please!!!!!!!!!1 he had not been in congress and has not voted for anything for over a year, and obama and hillary have while they were campaigning, do u hear that on CNN!!!!!!!!!

• PediC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm just disaffected that Hillary didn't make it.

now what?

Obama or McCain. two non-choices.

Source(s): in my opinion
  • 1 decade ago

Some people are racist. They may deny it, but it is the truth.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.