Why do people make such a big deal about Obama being black?

He is half white too?

Why do people forget that?

O'Bama doesn't "look white" that's why people don't acknowledge it. This country has never had a black president and a lot of people aren't ready for that. Some people don't like change, others are racist (openly or not) Personally, I have no problem with the guy. I don't particularly agree with him on all his political views but overall seems like a decent guy. His race is a sensational topic. The media loves sensation.

I don't, and Im white as a ghost. I was so on his boat until I read his books and did a bit of research. And, it is not because he is half black or half white that I have decided he is not the person for the job. I am just as much ready for a black, asian, mixed, I dont care, person to run this country right as the next person believe me!

Because Obama does not racially look like any of the presidents on the dollar bills.

america is just trying to adjust to the thought of having a black president.No one really cares if he's half white because it would'nt really matter to america if another WHITE man becomes president....I hope this helped

I know!!! I was just talking to some friends about that the other day. Its so dumb! like who the hell cares what colour his skin is?? Its how he would run a country that people should be caring about!

Because the country has never elected a non-white president..Im sure if he was asian his race would still be a big deal..

• jimmyd

I can care less about his color, it's his inexperience in world affairs. He is novice enough to our own politics. His ideologies and mine don't gel too well together either.

i dont. the mainstream media does, cause its republican-agend runned.

for whoever bad rated me:

oh please that is so true they dont say Sh-i-t about mccain but they say stuff about obama please!!!!!!!!!1 he had not been in congress and has not voted for anything for over a year, and obama and hillary have while they were campaigning, do u hear that on CNN!!!!!!!!!

• PediC

I'm just disaffected that Hillary didn't make it.

now what?

Obama or McCain. two non-choices.

Source(s): in my opinion

Some people are racist. They may deny it, but it is the truth.