What is the shape of the Universe?

Is the universe round or flat? What is at the edge of the Universe? Can you fall off? Or does it have no end and no beginning?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

no one actually knows because its just so huge its ......MIND BLOWING

• 1 decade ago

They say our universe is infinite but is expanding into a area of no time nor space just take a min and think of that i know its mind bogling and because its infinite it has no beginning or middle or end which makes no shape . maybe one day this will all change on their theory but with our technology me nor u nor our kids will ever know since we are no where close on creating the proper technology to see that far it may never be solved i do think though some questions will be answered in the next 100 yrs

• 1 decade ago

If at every time, space at every point looks the same in every direction, then space has to have constant curvature. If the curvature was different at any point, then space would look different in that direction from every other point. Therefore if space is maximally symmetric, the curvature has to be the same at every point.

So that narrows us down to three options for the geometry of space: positive, negative or zero curvature. When there is no vacuum energy present, just matter or radiation, the curvature of space also tells us the time evolution of the spacetime in question

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The universe is flat and uniform in shape. If you projected a light beam at any point, it would not cross over itself.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The universe is infinite it has no shape or form.

Yes, you could be thinking that it is impossible. Scientists believe that the universe is expanding. The question is what is it expanding in?

These questions have not been solved yet because it is practically impossible.

• 1 decade ago

The universe looks like a handful of soap bubbles.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe it is round, actually an ever expanding sphere. You cannot fall off.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

technically its a sphere because it expands in all direction and the same nobody will ever know because we cant get there... speed distance time etc..

NO....

3d nor round or flat...

nobody will ever know because we cant get there...

technically Yes....

Source(s): i love astronomy
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a circle

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.