Could Extra Terrestrials be God?

PLEASE READ IN ENTIRETY!!!!!!

Studies have shown that more that more that 79% of people believe in UFOs or alien beings. Why couldn't an advanced civilization come down thousands of years ago with all their cool inventions and claim to be God or gods? Maybe they could have genetically modified an ape to be us(Just like we can genetically modify animals and plants today)?

Not meaning to sound blasphemous, but if you replaced the word ET for God in the bible it would still make sense.

I know this seems crazy but to me it sounds more logical than the Biblical answers or that we just evolved into this high level of being from monkeys all by itself a couple of hundred thousand years ago.

What do you think?

Why would people think think this is such a bizarre idea?

I am not saying their is no God but maybe God created them to create us and he is a supervisor.

Some people believe that God has nothing to do with the physical realm. God could be the life force which connects all living things in the universe. Just a thought.

I recommend you read some books by Erich von Däniken, you may find them interesting.

The aliens would have needed to come from somewhere, so this idea really doesn't help you get around either evolution or basic creationism. You need to account for the aliens' development into the beings they would be now (or then, as the case may be).

Also, it doesn't work if you just stick E.T. into the Bible wherever you see the word "God." God's identity as presented in the Bible has a lot to do with ideas of absolute goodness rather than mere advanced ability. Unless these aliens are somehow greater than any other beings that could possibly be conceived, they are by definition eliminated from being God, as defined in the Bible.

In the bible there are hints of extraterrestial beings and artifacts which are described in a terrestial meaning. In the book of Ezequiel, there is a descripition of the angels coming down to earth in chariots of fire, or the other one where describes giants mixing up with humans. The greeks believed that Atlantis was founded and inhabitated by beings of a superior civilization. Some other people believed that humans are originated from other planets, since in order for a baby to learn how to walk or to learn to speak, it takes months, while for the rest of the species, when animals are born, they walk or swim right away, or in the case of birds, the learn to fly in a short period of time. I think that if our planet is the only one with life, then the rest of the universe would be a waste of space.

The problem with your idea is it still sounds like Ialdaboath made us.

See:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Fuji/3082/Gnostic/G...

The Demi-Urge is supposed to be Lord of the Material world. And the problem is while we can't prove angels and so forth we can prove the reality of our spiritual experiences -- they have been quantified in the lab if never quite explained. David Brooks had an Op-Ed piece in the New York Times about it a few months ago.

I'm not a gnostic myself, but I certainly have a problem with anything which denigrates or denies spirituality, and that is basically what your theory does by not explaining it.

I'd read a bit more about the history of Religions. It's richer than you may be aware of.

The '90's series The X-Files flirted with this concept for many years. Early on in the series, pieces of an alien spaceship were found to be translated by Navajo Indians as the first part of Genesis in the Old Testament bible, IE: In the beginning...later episodes built upon this premise.

I personally find it just as easy to believe in a loving, caring, creator God as to believe in intelligent aliens having reached earth...and certainly more comforting.

First of ALL , I have no problem with evolution. consider this : if ET was here (?) then Where did ET come from?

I`m a smidget in the Galaxy, which is a pebble in the Universe...I doubt You or I will ever figure out the deffinition of GGGOOODDD!

(by the way...I dont think you opinion is bizarre) when we think we have the answer theres always the Future to change our minds.

Bingo, you are the winner. Read" Chariot of the Gods " by Erich Van Daniken. He put forth the idea that we are the product of alien manipulation.The idea first came to us in the 70`s with a very contraversial TV show of the same name

You should read the article that I have below the extraterrestrials are Yahweh God and his crew. I think you would like reading Zecharia Sitchin Earth Chronicles you should check out his books.

The Mayans believed that the half man-half horse beings (who were actually Spaniards on horseback) that invaded their territory were Gods, until they started acting like a**holes. I don't see why prehistoric man would think any different about ET.

i might meet God, hes the author of the universe so he created the extra advantageous-terrestrials. God has achieved maximum of issues and made maximum of miracles for me to be attentive to he exists. i became raised christian yet I by no ability particularly damaging him and that i didnt understand. yet i had my stories that permit me be attentive to he's there.