Christians - What were you taught about Buddhism?

I am curious as to what amount of detail Christian preachers/teachers/pastors, etc. have gone to in educating their flocks about Buddhism.

What were you told?

As a true Christian; I have basically been taught that Buddhism is an Eastern religion that simply has MANY "Pagan Roots" !

Hotep,

I cant speak for all christian ministers, but the christian church frowns upon buddhism. They are rather quick to remind you that Buddha (katama) was a man, he cant get you to heaven, jesus grave is empty (meaning he rose from the dead), and other nonsense. Unlike Buddhism, christianity, for the most part, preaches that they are the only way. Only Jesus can forgive sin and get you to heaven; jesus saves. I prefer the buddhist way better, people can only save themselves.

salaam, shalom, peace

You can guage their level of understanding by their 'answers' to other genuine questions about Buddhism. Generally they say he's fat, buddhists worship statues, and Buddha is a false god. There are atheists and followers of other religions also say the same misunderstandings on here.

nothing.