Why Americans seems to be so obsessed by race and religion?

Browsing questions I found many US "askers" obsessed by racial definition (even when they are not racist). "How Caucasians do this", "How Asians do that ", "How happens that (Insert ethnicity) boys and (other ethnicity) girls..."

Research on human genome gave last evidence that we all come from the same source and only evolution and environment created physical differences we see.

There is not, scientifically , something like "races".

If you want , even the Bible (or the Quran) says more or less the same: there were only Adam and Eve.

Is it so hard to consider all people of all colours just "people"?

Who can explain to me the resilience of this racial issue in modern USA?

On another subject: I understand there is a wide majority of Christians: I come from Italy, witha wide majority of Catholics, I know North Africa (majority of muslims) and Asian countries (Buddist majority). Meanwhile I never saw such an all pervasive presence of religion excluding , may be, in Iran. Why?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Ignorance I guess? This doesn't apply to all Americans, but yes I see your point where they happen to separate all races by their traits/physical appearances - even if they're not racist. We all know a lot of Americans (I'm not saying all) have a certain ignorance, thinking they're the only 'big' country on this planet and that every other religion or country is just alien to them. I've seen and heard enough evidence myself proving this...honestly it's scary seeing how many people don't know even the simplest and most known of facts about different countries/religions.

Because they're not taught (or bother to teach themselves) about the rest of the world, I guess they don't really understand the diversities, and even though we are all different in some way, we're all the same in the other.

• 4 years ago

Because race and religion and party affililiate affect their policies more than education. Stupid people can get a phd. And someone can have an IQ of 200 and have no talent for being a leader. Take lincoln for example. He had very little educations and was one of the best presidents this country ever had. clinton and obama supposadely are very smart yet they are the 2 worst presidents in history and have done more to harm this country then every other president combined. Race doesn't make a difference whatsoever other then to let obama get away with things other presidents would be impeached for because liberals cry racism. As for religion it makes a difference in foreign policies. Catholic presidents would react differently to the pope than a protestant one. Look at obama for example. Hes a muslim and he bows to muslim kings and uses the american military to help the muslim brotherhood (a terrorist organization) take power throughout the middle east.

• marco
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

because we're shown stereotypes on TV and some people try to categorize others like that

I mean how many comedians' routines revolve around the differences between the races?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I AM AN AMERICAN AND WHAT YOU SAID IS TOTAL IGNORANCE BECAUSE I HAVE A GROUP OF FRIENDS OF ALL RACES AND CREED. GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR A&&!! YOU ARE THE ONE PREJUDICED AGAINST AMERICANS YOU IDIOT. I AM EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PREJUDICED TO STUPID FOOLS LIKE YOU!!!!

Source(s): ALASKAN
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.