Tesla Roadster?

ok so everyone's heard of the car and it's advantages...I want to know the disadvantages. From what I know it runs on some lithium type power (kind of like the same as your average laptop battery) just thousands of them. My thing is...ok....laptop batteries (just like ALL batteries) run out of juice...what... show more ok so everyone's heard of the car and it's advantages...I want to know the disadvantages. From what I know it runs on some lithium type power (kind of like the same as your average laptop battery) just thousands of them. My thing is...ok....laptop batteries (just like ALL batteries) run out of juice...what happens then? and disposal...wasn't there always contraversy on disposing of these types of batteries? Would it be better to wait for a more functional hydrogen powered vehicle than to get the tesla roadster. Love to read the responses.

Thank you
Update: worm12ga, I meant if I should wait for a hydrogen car that was more functionally relevant, not that they are more functional but I got the answer to that. Dana1981, it has been reported that one of the co-founders of PayPal is actually working on a less expensive tesla roadster (aiming at $30,000). My... show more worm12ga, I meant if I should wait for a hydrogen car that was more functionally relevant, not that they are more functional but I got the answer to that.

Dana1981, it has been reported that one of the co-founders of PayPal is actually working on a less expensive tesla roadster (aiming at $30,000).

My question really was whether you guys felt that I should get one now or wait for another car. And if I were to wait for another car what should I get to hold me down for now?