Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Do you ever see a random person and feel compassion for them?

Do you ever see a random person, and for some reason, even if they are doing nothing and minding they're own business, feel really bad/sad for some reason and feel alot of compassion towards them, for what seems like no reason?

• Kris
    Favorite Answer

Yes. I don't know why, but whenever I see a person that is by themselves and look sad or troubled, I think that they're lonely and feel compassion towards them.

No but I have felt compassion for those who are hurt in my field of vision whether it be in real life or a photo, or a news clip on people who are in pain. It happens randomly on the streets of Toronto or Ottawa where I am mostly to be found.

But right out of the blue for just anyone? No, for the most part I feel love but not compassion as it is unwarranted for the most part.

• Abiku

All the time. Sometimes I just look into their eyes and see that their really sad and I wish I could give them a huge but they might curse at me

Actually yes, i do a lot. That's how i met my best (guy) friend who is now my boyfriend. I remember seeing him, locking my eyes with him and seeing how fragile and hurt and sad he was even when nobody else did...

yes, and i think why is maybe in someway i feel i can relate to that person in one way or another. if you see someone going through a certain struggle that you have experienced, you feel empathy for them.it's instinct (possibly).

Yes, but I'm sure you well get better real soon. Don't you worry. How does that saying go? God looks over children and .....

yeah i dislike most people but some people i dont know why but i realy like them even thought i dont know them. im one of those wierd teens who kept that good judge of character sence.

I've never seen a random person...

only if they look sad or if they look under a lot of stress

yes and I hate myself for that.