When do you put a child into preschool?

My son is only 2, and not potty trained yet, but Id like to start looking into it, so I'm prepared. What is the right age for preschool? And I don't mean one of those daycares that call themselves a preschool. I mean an actual preschool, where they go half days, like 3 days a week. How much does it usually cost?

My son started three months before his third birthday. He goes three days a week, half days. He was mostly pottytrained, but still goes in pull-ups lots of days to be on the safe side. Our school costs $100 per month.

Here a child can start pre-school at 3 years old.

My kids all went to preschool starting at 3 to 3.5 years old. My current 3 y.o will go for her second year starting in the fall.

The preschool I use was okay with my daughter not being fully potty trained when she started. They said when she got there and the other kids were going she would catch on. Within a few weeks she was all set with peeing on the potty at school.

Some preschools are not set up to deal with diapers though. So you have to ask the preschool you are gonna use.

Preschool starts at age 3 before that it is more like daycare instead of preschool. Some preschools are free, some charge around $75/wk some charge even more. You will have to call around to the preschools in your area and visit them to find out which one would work best for your son.

I started my son right before he turned 2. I wanted to make sure he was able to tell me if he wasn't enjoying it.

He went to an amazing school. They were very structured and taught him quite a bit. He was learning how to trace his letters before he was 3.

Now finding a school like that is very difficult. It will take a lot of leg work. His school at that time was $135 a week and I consider that incredibly reasonable. He now (4 years old) goes to another school similar and it's $170 a week. But that's full time. I just recently found a school he will be starting in Sept (he's a December baby and was told he couldn't go to public Pre-K) that's 1/2 days M-F for $180 a month, but I think that's just a very rare occurance.

Source(s): 3 boys 15 years thru 7 months

My son was in preschool, they never taught him how to potty train. Teachers are lazy because have have many kids to take care of, even if they have assistants.

It's best for your child to learn how to potty train first so they don't have any problems in preschool.

Edit: kids can start preschool at 2. but I suggest potty training them first so they don't have much problems at school

thank you for the thumbs down!

Source(s): was a daycare teacher before

supply the non secular preschool instructors a wreck and positioned your son in an earthly preschool. Why could the academics and different babies could positioned up consisting of your son and his obnoxious worry maker of a father?

Ring them. go visit, ask them these questions.

Most places take children from 2 1/2 to 3 yrs and up.