God and evolution do you think its wrong to believe in both?

I believe that evoultion doesn't really disprove god is that so bad to believe in both?

it's not wrong simply illogical

evolution doesn't need God

God doesn't need evolution furthermore why would and omnipotent omniscient omnibenevolent God use such a wasteful, long and violent process such as evolution

Source(s): Occam's Razor

It depends on what god you believe in. If you believe the God of the Bible. Then you should get to know Him better. And then you will see that this God of the bible is the Creator of all things. Since this is true, things cannot become something else on some other accord; they have to be created by the Creator. By the way, evolution is not a proven fact, it is a theory. It is what Darwin and others speculate about the origin of things. It's easier for me to believe in creation than evolution. The evidence or creation is much stronger, even scientifically. To one of the answers: your personal feelings of how terrible things like: insects, parasites, diseases and so on is irrelavent.

Many people do, but it isn't a simple "solves all problems " option.

Unles you follow the deist "first cause" view of God, indifferent to the details of life once started, then all the major features in evolution are in the hand of God.

The mass extinctions, parasites, wasp grubs eating their way out of living caterpillars*, women's bodies set up to have painful and dangerous childbirth...

All the things that, if there is no god, are down to the contingencies of evolution.

But if deliberately done, or deliberately allowed, become less than easy to reconcile with at least a benevolent God.

*that so disturbed Darwin: "I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

They make more sense if both are true.

God would be a fool not to create using Evolution. Watch the world around you. Things evolve. Really, just look.

Yet Evolution does not address the source and beginning. It is not a scientific question.

People who use religion to close their minds to reality need a good dose of Prayer.

I think people too offten Compair gods creations nad wonders to magic and smoke in mirrors. I personally belive that god is science and vise versa. I do belive he is an actual person but I dont belive that he pulled the world out of a hat. I also agree that there are holes in evolution however. There is still so much that we dont know, its astonishing.

it rather is completely useful to have self belief that a something directed evolution ( god or no longer ) in actuality it may be particularly unscientific to declare that it became impossible that god did no longer initiate evloution as a results of fact we cant disprove it in spite of the incontrovertible fact that evolution is purely as lots of a actuality as gravity people who's say its a thought no longer a actuality don't be attentive to very lots approximately medical terminology, a hypothesis might desire to be huge-unfold and shown previous resnobale doubt to alter right into a thought, while maximum human beings hear thought they think of of a hypothesis.

You know, I used to have a similar belief, but that's because I was uninformed about the flaws in evolution. I'm not saying that you are uninformed, but it's definitely something worth exploring further. Even after 150 years, there's a reason why it's still called the "Theory of Evolution," and not "The Law of Evolution." When I realized that I could trust what the Bible said about creation, it was a very liberating thing.

Anyway, I don't know whether or not it's "wrong" to believe in both God and evolution, but I will say that once you see the flaws too, you will draw closer to God because what He said was true all along, proving His faithfulness. :)

Source(s): www.answersingenesis.org . . . check it out! :)

"The Catholic Church is united with these Christians in opposing evolution AS A PHILOSOPHY. With the Protestants, the Church insists that God created the world and that man has an immortal soul. The Church, however, does not oppose evolution AS A SCIENTIFIC THEORY. The reason is that she does not hold for an absolutely literal interpretation of those chapters of Genesis."

Well yes i do think that that is wrong because it is being lukewarm and that is not a good place to be, The very first words of the Bible says that God created the earth, there is no way possible that evolution can exists, i mean take the volcanic eruption of MT Saint Helens a couple of years back, some of the things that happened there in

a couple of years evulutionast would have said to take millions of years so they got proved wrong.

i don't really think there's a choice to be made with regards evolution, as it is a fact with more than ample evidence. the question you must ask yourself if whether you can reconcile the facts with your faith. a very hard question indeed, it is one i grapple with all the time. it isn't really a question of whether it's 'bad' or not - it's just a matter of what you can withstand and of personal integrity. for me, the instinct in me to hold on to my faith has always been strong but it is a constant challenge, i won't deny it. i think it's worth the struggle :) keep questing. i wish you well.

EDIT: have a look at this if you have the chance and/or time, it addresses your question, in a way.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/religion/faith/d...

Instead of believing one should try to understand God first and then one can get an access to the mystery of existence. Evolution is a failed theory already, but God is ever popular, so try to understand as to who is more powerful, evolution or God?