Have you ever had a dream that seemed very real and then you wake up believing that it happened?

Is there a reason why this happens? Some dreams seem more real than others?

to further add to what some of you are saying about how these dreams are stored like real memories i think you touched on a key point about how the brain stores information from reality.

yes my boyfriend broke up with me and when i woke up my eyes were all puffy like i was crying all day before.

Wow! Yes I do not all the time but I do sometimes. Usually it is something concerning my husband being gone, or someone dying I know this sounds crazy especially because we have such a great relationship but who knows. Dreams are crazy I know that the most intense dreams come within a few hours of you waking up when your sleep isn't as good as through the night. Just learned about it in Psych class!

• aashis

I had a dream I have been given up and have been given waiting for college, i grew to become into chuffed 'reason it left me time to easily relax. Then I wakened. It felt so actual and that i grew to become into particularly aggravated, it felt like I had already completed each and every little thing that morning. haha that is not any longer rather comparable to what you propose however, i haven't particularly ever had a dream that made me think of it might ensue. must be rather freaky.

• P

Yes, a ot of times I remember things and then I realize "Wait.. That was a dream." But it's pretty much stored like a memory for me.

It's very strange and I wonder why it happens, too!

This happens to me from time to time. I'm usually dreaming of something bad happening to me, and wake up feeling awful. It's always such a relief when I realize it didn't really happen.

yes i have had a dream that my brother was walking along on a pointed fence and then a big man ran over and slammed him onto the fence on his back and it went through him and killed him and my parents didnt care...i was crying so much in my dream and when i woke up i had tears in my eyes and running down my face...it was so real i still play it in my mind...

• I once dreamed that I got up and started getting ready for school, it felt so real and then when my alarm really went off i was so mad that i had to do it all over again.

That has happened to me a couple of times, actually once very recently. I'm usually disappointed when I wake up. :(

I don't know why it happens.

I'm not sure why or how it happens...but it happened to me a few times. I was talking to my friend and I'm like "Oh, do you remember that time when..?" and she's like "No. That never happened".

I was scared, haha =]

yes