Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
is there any way to disable the facebook chat?
- 1 decade agoFavourite answer
"You can minimize the feature and stop receiving chat messages by going offline. To do so, open the chat menu in the bottom right of your browser. Click "Go Offline" to stop receiving chat messages. You will not appear in any of your friends "Online Friends" section and your friends cannot message you. Clicking "Go Online" will allow your friends to contact you again and see that you are online in Chat."
There isnt a way to completely disable it, but this will at least hide it. Just wondering, what network are you in that you have chat?Source(s): http://www.facebook.com/help.php?hq=chat
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Block Facebook Chat
You Must have FireFox in order to use these extensions.
Part 1. - Do this first, to disable the visual part of the chat.
1. Download Firefox http://www.getfirefox.com/
2. Download and Install Greasemonkey for firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
3. Restart your browser.
4. Install the following greasemonkey script http://broadlinenetworks.com/disablefacebookchat/d...
5. Click Install on the left.
6. Browse facebook with no retarded chat window
This keeps facebook from updating your client.
2. Download Firefox http://www.getfirefox.com/
3. Download and Install AdBlock Plus for firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/186...
4. Go to Tools > Adblock Plus
5. Add the following Filter to Adblock Plus
7. Click apply and hit Ok.
8. Chat will load initially on each page, but no one can message you, and it will show you as offline. After 20 seconds or so it will time out and disappear.
9. Enjoy facebook without annoying chat windows.Source(s): http://broadlinenetworks.com/blog/?p=1
- 1 decade ago
If you have firefox, you can install an add-on called 'grease monkey' that removes most of the junk that facebook insists on having (such as adverts, 'sponsored' notices, auto-block apps.etc .etc .etc) - although I couldnt see one when I last looked, i'm sure there will be a script to hide it soon as I hate the chat box.
- Anonymous7 years ago
Adblock is a program that everybody need, i found it here http://bit.ly/1pkhcem
With this software you will blocks all the boring pop-up and advertisement!!