How to handle a relationship?

There's this guy I like. He's 27, I'm 17. He thinks I don't know how to handle a relationship. Can you give some advice on how to handle a relaionship? Thanks

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

be responable and be honsted

• 1 decade ago

Get some more life experience dating people closer to your age. You have your own interests which will be very different than those of a man ten years older than you and it would be better to decide who you are before dating someone who has lived more than 50% longer than you.

Age differences are huge at first and become a smaller deal as you get older. This is mostly because the older you get the more independent and self-identified you become so that you don't identify yourself by being the older guy's girl. This doesn't happen in relationships with closer ages (or most of the time it doesnt) because you don't find yourself deferring to the older individual's experience and knowledge all the time.

• 1 decade ago

Well my opinion is that he maybe a little old for you right now. BUT.. if this is what you want, then you have to show him that you are mature enough to handle things. You can't be a jealous teenager, you have to be trusting and understand that guys need there space and have to have time to do there own thing. But also remember, he's of age to go and do what he wants and your not, which in turn may hurt the relationship. Good luck with it all! I hope you get what you want in life!

• 1 decade ago

What is "to handle a relationship?" Relationship just happens if you are with the right person.

I think what you have is a age difference, you might know that you are but he looks at your age and things that you are too young to be serious.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He is to old for you leave it alone and you should really listen you are not "ready for this kind of relationship" that is whats wrong now girls try to grow up to fast enjoy being 17 if you was mature enough already we would not be having this convo.

Lv 5
    1 decade ago

if you're on here asking for advice on how to handle a relationship, then u don't know how to handle a relationship.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you have to be told how to handle a relationship you're not ready and if he was the right guy a relationship would just happen

• 1 decade ago

if he doesnt think you know how to handle a relationship then get out of it. and the age difference... um not going to work

• 1 decade ago

At your age you ahould be dating not in a relationship...

relationships are complicated and hard to deal with at times so thats why he said that.

in relationships there are commitments, in dating your not commited to anyone or anything.

• 1 decade ago

He is right to keep away as you are jailbait.Find a guy your age honey, and he should find an older lady too.Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

well i dont realy think its safe for yall to be going out but if you are serious about keeping him around then you just need to show him that you can and if he dosent realize it then find some one else who can before its to late

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.