After getting discharged how long does it take to rejoin the military?

i joined the army reserves back in november but right before i was about to leave for basic i changed my mine so they just gave me a discharge now i want to join the air national guard how long of a waiting period is there for something like that.

Update:

i joined the army reserves back in november but right before i was about to leave for basic i changed my mine so they just gave me a honorable discharge now i want to join the air national guard how long of a waiting period is there for something like that.

Update 2:

it was honorable discharge

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

There isn't a waiting period. Have the ANG recruiter pull a SPF ("Spiff") at MEPS (he'll know what that is), to pull your record from the Army Reserves. It will have your test data, physical etc.

As soon as that's done (should be quick- like a day), enlist!

Your test scores are good for 2 years, and if you had your physical recently, you should only require a height and weight verification at MEPS. That and paperwork, and that's it.

Source(s): Retired Army
  • djack
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yep. You're DEP discharge so shouldn't be an issue to go ANG. You'll have to talk to a recruiter, but it should be a relatively painless process. The conversation you need to prepare for is explaining to the ANG recruiter why you backed out on the Army. You're not going to be able to do that with the ANG. Once you swear in this time (in the guard) you're actually in the military.

• 1 decade ago

You could go to a recruiter and ask. You're probably eligible right now. Why did you change your mind and what makes you think you won't change your mind again?

• 1 decade ago

you want to join the national guard so u can change ur mind about it again!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Talk to a US Military Recruiter. They can help you real fast.

• Elly
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You should be set to go. Just talk to the recuiter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What was your discharge? Honorable/dishonorable? Talk to a recruiter...............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.