gmirp
gmirp asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

"Embrace" a new poem....can you feel it?

The warmth of your tender touch

Love exchange moment that means so much

Eyes closed.. heart open

Arms clung tight

Time standing still

as we embrace with our might

no need for words

or to gaze in each others eyes

One honest embrace tell's all

without pre-concieved lies

stubbsy-

I wrote this just a few moments ago...

I closed my eyes and and remembered one such embrace....I typed as the image flooded my mind...and I relived it again. I am glad that you could feel it too!

I see I might have been a little too harsh in my initial answer

I think your wording is good but this is just not the type of poem I am into . Hope that better explains , I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings with my answers

• cade L

great job G

i really enjoyed how you convey a significant aspect of love/relationships which is the 'ability to trust and appreciate your significant other through emotions then to actually discuss and presume' with such pristine eloquence and accuracy through your vivid descriptions. The imagery generated in this poem was so captivitating and lively =)

I felt the same flooding sensation you felt. Your manipulation of words to make them play a song in concise harmony with your minds is an exceptional attribute and i commend you on this poem.

I liked the poem alot. Your use of language was another solid feature and the range of connotations of more simplistic words used are great because these help add to the feel of the poem.

Even though it was quite short, the span of the poem didn't compensate for the superlative quality.

well done on such a great poem.

i really enjoyed it

it brings back some painful memories

the power of a loved ones embrace can be the best thing in the world

but after they are gone all that is left is pain

I'm sorry it's so beautiful that reminds me of brighter days

I love it G! I just had a hug from a loved one the other day and it was so good! Hugs are the neatest thing since peanut butter and jelly-Ha!

• Dondi

This is an amazing short poem. Very touching without being touchy-feely. I enjoyed it.

wow

im still processing your greatness

woooooaaahh

that was AWESOME !!

whoever wrote this has certain talent. i can just imagine the setting and the situation.

i thank you for posting this poem as it has made me reconsider something big in my life.

• poe

A very well put together "feeling" poem. Everyone can relate. Thank you.

Source(s): (((HUGS)))

very nice my friend...i haven't read one of yours in a while....i could not feel the embrace for i have never felt it before....hopefully one day i will...

~Usagi