Pregnancy on Birth control?

Okay so I had an abortion February 29 (please dont judge I regret it every single day of my life every minute). I had never been on birth control before because in 2004 my ex husband and i were told it would be hard to conceive.

Well I conceived alright with my now boyfriend who pretty much forced me into the abortion. Anyway, I started BC on March 02 and on March 05 we started having sex again. My question is, is it possible to get pregnant on BC even if you take it everyday? I am on Loestrin 24 fe. Im asking because I have been feeling those lovely pregnancy feelings. Please help with knowledge or personal experience. Thanks so much everyone!!

Its been over a month not 2 days person who said i was only on the pill for 2 days....

Skip a few pills and you will get pregnant. I'm sorry that your boyfriend couldn't handle the pregnancy. I have had the same thing happen to me.

• Jill P

It is possible to get pregnant while on birth control, especially if you've only been taking it for THREE DAYS. It takes at least one cycle for the pill to become effective (it probably says this in the instructions). However, what you are feeling could be side effects of a new brand of birth control, not necessarily pregnancy symptoms. If you think you are pregnant, you need to take a test to find out, and then stop taking the pill immediately before you cause damage to the baby. Oh, and you might want to think twice about having sex with someone who would "force" you to have an abortion againt your will.

I was on birth control for 6 years. I never missed a pill, took them at the same time everyday, no antibiotics etc but I got pregnant. There is nothing that is 100% safe except abstinence.

I'm not judging, but why haven't you learned from your mistakes? If you don't want to have a baby/someone forced you to get an abortion maybe you should try several methods(condom, BC, spermicide) or just not have sex at all?

Birth control pills take 2 weeks to a month to get into your system... I got pregnant with my daughter when i had been on the pill for almost a full month.... theres a good chance you are pregnant considering you only waited 2 days for it to get into your system.

if you are pregnant... dont let a man force you to have an abortion unless you're sure u want it as well... he has no right to do that... I had my daughter at 19 years old and ive raised her by myself since the day i found out i was pregnant... its hard to do it alone but so worth it.

Good Luck with everything =)

Most pregnancy tests wont show up after two weeks but if her feeling sick and moody is different from the norm I would wait at least 1 month to 1 month and a half to take one again. Plus when women stop birth control they have a chemical in balance so it could be the change from her stopping after taking it for awhile

yes, its not 100% especially the first 2-3 months ( to be on safe side) so try to use an additional form. Also since you had an abortion i've always been told for the first month after you are more likly to conceive if not taking precautions.

Generally it takes about a month for the BC to fully kick in that's why doctors say to use other forms of contraception for the first month. So of course it's possible. However, if your boyfriend was not happy about the first pregnancy how do you plan to deal with the issue again?

The only way you are not going to get pregnant is by not having sex. No birth control is 100% effective.

yes getting pregnant on birth control is very possable. I have a daughter who is the result of the 98.9% effective rate. so nothing is 100% except not having sex.

Yes it's possible. I hope it gets easier for you to deal with, but why are you still with a man that would do that? <3 be strong and do what YOU want to do if you do get pregnant again.