My fiance and I have a huge age differece. . . Is that bad?

My fiance and I are 6 yrs apart! Is that a bad thing. . . I dont think so but a lot of people that I know dissapprove of it and that really hurts me! Its like my happiness doesnt matter and only age does! I HATE IT!!!

Dude, six years is a relatively small age difference, although I guess if your like 18 and your fiance is 24 it may seem like a big deal. Ignore what other people think, it's their problem if they don't like it. If the people that disapprove are your so-called friends you might wanna get some new ones who don't sit in judgment.

As you are his fiance I take it you have been together for a while and that it's working otherwise you wouldn't have got engaged. 6 years is nothing. You haven't said if he is older or younger than you or how old you are but it shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. Happiness and compatability is the most important thing. You could be seeing someone your own age and not get on at all or he upsets you. Would your so called 'friends' rather that - cos you're the same age? Stick with him if he's a decent guy and as for your friends - get new ones!!

Not at all. My sister and her husband are 20 years apart!

So dont feel like this is a bad thing.

If you love and respect each other that is all that matters.

As long as you're over 18, it's no one's business. Six years isn't too bad, I suppose. It's close enough that you can still have some things in common.

• mgm567

Depends on your ages, but that's quite normal. Age is only a number, and love knows no bounds.

How old are you? six years in not a big difference for adults, but if you're still in your teens, it is a big difference. Don't worry so much about other people's opinions.

6 years is nothing.

I know people who are at least 10 years apart, and they have perfectly happy marriages.

As long as there is a connection between the two of you.

once there is love, age is nothing to worry about.

• if u really love him...it shouldnt matter..f*ck everyone else...wat matters is that you and him love each other...