Can your children cost you a friendship?

It was my sons birthday a few weeks ago. We were supposed to meet one of my friends at a theme park. I became very sick throughout the night and had to cancel. "My friend" said that her neice really wanted my son to come along and "what was I going to do with him anyway?" I asked her if we... show more It was my sons birthday a few weeks ago. We were supposed to meet one of my friends at a theme park. I became very sick throughout the night and had to cancel. "My friend" said that her neice really wanted my son to come along and "what was I going to do with him anyway?" I asked her if we could postpone it for another time and she seemed so disappointed that I went ahead and made arrangements to send my son to meet her with my very helpful neighbor. She took my son for me and "my friend" never met up with her. When I finally spoke to her I yelled at her. I didn't even get to see my child on his birthday because of it. It 's been three months now and she won't even speak to me. Her husband even became very ill and I called her to say i was thinking of them, no return call. Now whenever our friends get together, they don't invite me if she's going to be there. Even the girl who was my maid of honor said she wasn't going to take sides. I don't think I'm wrong here. Any advice?
15 answers 15