birth control + pregnancy?

Is it okay to take birth control if you may be pregnant?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's probably not a good idea if you are concerned about the health of a potential child.

• 1 decade ago

No It Is Not Ok. And If You Know For Sure That You Are Pregnant Stop Taking Birth Control And Make A Doctors Appt.

Source(s): =3 Weeks Pregnant..!!=
  • 1 decade ago

No it clearly says not to on the package and even the commercials. I would imagine that if you took some pills before you found out you were pregnant that they would not harm the baby much, but taking them throughout your pregnancy is definitely a no-no. Do you know if you're pregnant? Because if so you have no need for the pill since you'd already be pregnant and there's no period to regulate.

• 1 decade ago

it is never ok to take birth control pills if you think you might be pregnant, and this is exactly what usually the paper inside the birth control pills box says. it will not terminate the pregnancy but may injure the child.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get tested by your doctor first. That's why they give you an exam before you get on birth control.

• 1 decade ago

Not really a good idea but I'm sure there have been incident when it has happened. More than a few I suppose and I haven't heard of any horror stories yet.

Source(s): Mommy of 5 month old!
  • 1 decade ago

absolutely NOT. it can cause major probs. take a test and stop birth control (and sex) until you know the answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not at all if you are concerned with the health and welfare of the child!

do find out a.s.a.p whether you are or aren't pregnant.

• 1 decade ago

NO! READ THE BIRTH CONTROL LABEL!! IT SAYS DOOOO NOTTT TAKEEEE IF SUSPECTED OF PREGNANCY. ANYONE WHO SAYS YES IS ILLITERATE.

• 1 decade ago

if you suspect that you are pregnant you should stop taking the pills now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.