What does the phrase "live life to the fullest" mean?

I frequently see that as an answer to the question, "what is our purpose in life?" or "what gives meaning to our lives?". It is as if there is some checklist of things we ought to do before we die. Or does "live life to the fullest" just tell us to keep busy and distracted so we... show more I frequently see that as an answer to the question, "what is our purpose in life?" or "what gives meaning to our lives?". It is as if there is some checklist of things we ought to do before we die.

Or does "live life to the fullest" just tell us to keep busy and distracted so we won't think about meaning and purpose?
Update: Marco. I think that may be what most people mean but in what sense is it "full"? Full of activity? Full of good feelings about oneself? How does all that relate to purpose and meaning?
Update 2: Notorious: "Try and get as much accomplished as you can." Is there a list of things that I have to do? And where does the list come from? I think you're just telling me that I'll be happier if I keep busy.
Update 3: Ava: "A full life is a simple life." This seems to be almost the opposite of what most people mean. Perhaps the phrase means something different to different people.
Update 4: Ross: "Our life purpose is to love one another". I would think that you would not likely answer a question about purpose with "live life to the fullest", rather you would answer "love one another"?