TSS asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

Ideas for my daughter's 16th birthday party?

I would like ideas for my daughter's 16th birthday. I'm looking for something special, inclusive for boys and girls, but not extremely expensive. I'm not looking to hire Fergie or anything like that. Nothing cliché like the skating rink or putt putt but something really creative and fun that all the kids will really enjoy. Thanks for any and all ideas.

• Best answer

A semi - fancy restaurant or hotel party would be good! Ever heard of a sweet 16? Google it and you'll find out! If at a hotel, find a caterer! You wouldn't need one at a restaurant! Get a DJ, or hire a friend that won't charge much, or none and can play DJ (note: this won't work in less it is a friend your kid doesn't know!)! Good luck!

hollywood theme - ask everyone to come dressed in black and white.

80's themes are always a lot of fun, everyone dresses 80's style, you could set up a few tv's each showing a different show from the 80's., play 80's music, etc.

You could do a party as if she were turning 6. Like have a pinata, decorate with really bright colors, play pin the tail on the donkey, etc. I did this for a friends 26th birthday and it turned out really well. I have pictures if you want ideas.

Depends on the time of the year.. if you do a summer thing... then it would be nice to have an outdoors get together.. no themes.. just a fun party for everyone to be together... eat great food... and hang out... u can have some fun bbq games like badminton or lawn bowling.. or even water ballons.. but talk to your daughter about this.. she may not like the whole organized game thing... also talk to your daughter about what SHE wants for her party.. that will give you a huge idea on what your boundries are for this party... happy planning.

My sister did a party for her dughter at local lake. They had bonfire which guest brought things to put in fire and a smaller area for roasting marellows. HOWEVER she had to call a couple adults in to chaperone kids that were pairing off. If you go with this if too windy it will have to cancel and some parks require permit for partys so check rules of park or lake. Another thing was a scavenger hunt, a list items to be found usualy by teams for a prize who gets list most complete by certain time. *mamatx

It is my 13th next week, so i think anything pink. A lot of girls would appreciate a hired pink limo?? How about some kind of suprise disco? Discos are always fun, and everyone enjoys them. Make sure it is something special she won't forget. Good Luck!

My good friends niece is about to turn 16 and they are having a luau. The decoration options and food choices are endless, not to mention easy! Have fun!

Laser-tag or Paint Ball