cs24 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Dry sex, on birth control pills, chance of pregnancy?

A few days ago, my boyfriend and I had dry sex. He didn't have underwear on, but I did. I've been on birth control pills for about 5 months now. Also, he didn't come, there was only pre-ejaculate. I'm safe in the category of not getting pregnant, right?

I'm no expert, and I have no data, but still I'd say there's about 0.0001% chance you're pregnant. The chance of a) one of whatever small number of sperm are in his pre-ejaculate getting through your underwear, into your vagina, all the way up your vagina, into your uterus, and connecting with an egg, while at the same time, b) your birth control pills have failed and there is an egg there, and c) it is exactly the time of your ovulation and your egg is ready, is extremely, extremely small. Besides that, a fair percentage of zygotes and embryos don't even survive their early minutes, hours and days.

If you really feel unsure, you could take a pregnancy test (not sure how soon those can tell, so you'd have to read the box, I guess), but really, I'd say the chances are very, very low.

The chances are low with dry sex; the chances are low without ejaculation; and the chances are fairly low even having full-on consummated intercourse while on the pill (which is the whole point of the pill!), so really, well, you get that point.

So, don't worry, be happy, and if you ever do get pregnant, and you don't want to have a baby, PLEASE don't keep it! Thanks. :)

No. Let me explain a bit about birth control. It keeps your body from producing eggs, so you can't get pregnant, simply because you need to have a fertile egg to get pregnant. Since most birth control is 99.9% effective, you should be fine. Although there is a .1 %, chance of pregnancy, so youre most likely NOT pregnant. You need to be on the pill for about 4-5 weeks for it to be effective so as for the birth control taking effect, you're good. If you have doubts, use a condom!!

You can get free condoms at your local health dept., without a check up, just ask about where they are. They're usually in a discreet place, in brown bags...

I hope this helps!

Source(s): Taken birth control for over 2 years

Did any of his pre *** get inside you. There can be thousands of sperm in each drop of precum. It just takes one sperm. But if you have been on birth control for 5 months you should be safe.

if you have been taking your birth control currectly then its unlickly but remember theres a chance you could get pregnant on birth control or not. so always use extra protection if you think you need to but the chances of you being preg is low.

you should be fine because the pill is make to protect you from a male cumming inside you so surely it should do its job if your not even having sex and he's not cumming inside you, but if you are really worried do a test but you are safe if not more than you would be having sex.

good luck

id say you were pretty safe because he never enterd you an your on the pill so its even safer .. but just wait for your period to make sure

yes but from the birth pills you might die

It is highly unlikely that you are pregnant