I let the plumber in my house while I was at work.....?

when I got home things seemed different. I came home to no electricity (there was a fuse blown.) My bedroom door was open (I left it shut.) My icons on my computer were moved around when I started my computer back up. Does it seem like something is strange here, or is it just me? Has anything like this happened to you?

Update:

the plumber has been in my house before when I wasn't here and once I even came home when he didn't expect me. He wasn't doing anything wrong (just working on the plumbing) he is someone that my landlord knows and trust.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a lot of questions to this. Did the power go out while the plumber was there or after he left? He should have called you right away if it went out while he was there. If the power went out once while he was there he might have reset the breaker and looked in your bedroom to see the power came on all the rooms because different fuses control different sections of your place. The icons may have been mixed up because of the power surge but unlikely if you have a surge protector on your computer where it plugs in. I don't know what type of fuses you have the old screw in type that actually blow out and have to be replaced or the breaker type that can be reset. I would call his company or him to find out what happened though and check to see if your valuables are still there. I trust my maintenance man but you just never know. Hope things turn out ok.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't mean to seem rude but you have to expect that sort of thing if you let a stranger into your house. I'm not saying it is right, I feel sorry for you, it is such a violation for someone to do that. But to be honest don't even let cleaners into your hotel room when you are not there (I used to work in a hotel). I agree that you should call the company and just be more careful next time. Also check if anything is missing.

• 1 decade ago

OMG!! Did you check your home good to make sure nothing was missing? Call the company and report it right away! Maybe even the Better Business Bureau. NEVER leave someone in your home alone you don't know.

• 1 decade ago

Looks like he went through your house and belongings......Better call his company and make a report immediately

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

look like he went to your stuff you should call his owner and told what happen

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.