How many times have you heard this in the last seven years of this administration?

Today I heard McCain say once again that we "shouldn't look back" to what got us into this war, like Obama is doing, but look forward to solving the problems it has created. "Don't look back..." "Past is past, we need to concentrate on the future..." "The Democrats... show more Today I heard McCain say once again that we "shouldn't look back" to what got us into this war, like Obama is doing, but look forward to solving the problems it has created.

"Don't look back..."
"Past is past, we need to concentrate on the future..."
"The Democrats shouldn't waste their time with investigations of the past but work on solving the problems of the future" (George W. Bush, paraphrased)

And you always hear it from the Republicans. Why do you suppose they don't want us to think about the past?

Could it be because we might remember the President's failure to even read the NIA warning about Bin Laden's plan to attack us with hijacked aircraft?

Or his lies about WMD's and an Iraq/Al Queda connection?

Or his incompetence after Katrina (heckuva job, Brownie)?

Or the huge National Deficit (and corporate profits) he's created with his war in Iraq?

I don't know... Why do YOU think Republicans keep repeatedly telling us not to look back?
Update: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana, The Life of Reason
Update 2: Try doing an experiment to see if I'm right. The next time you hear a politician, news commentator, or op-ed say that we shouldn't think about the past, or shouldn't look back, pay attention to who says it. They might try to give it a positive spin, like "We need to look forward, and solve the... show more Try doing an experiment to see if I'm right. The next time you hear a politician, news commentator, or op-ed say that we shouldn't think about the past, or shouldn't look back, pay attention to who says it.

They might try to give it a positive spin, like "We need to look forward, and solve the problems of the future that matter to the American People, not waste time worrying about the past..."

I can almost guarantee it will be a Republican, or a conservative supporter, who said it.