AT WHAT AGE SHOULD YOU TELL YOUR CHILDREN THAT SANTA/TOOTH FAIRY/EASTER BUNNY etc..ARE NOT REAL...???

Favorite Answer

My parents never taught me to believe in such things in the first place. I think the typical age for finding out is 8 or 9. I think it's less traumatic if you let them stumble upon it or figure it out rather than telling them flat out.

We never pretended any of them were real. We don't celebrate Christmas, as our religion has plenty enough holidays without incorporating those of others. So here are your answers: What age did you tell your child they werent real? We always taught our child that Santa, the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc, were like any other belief - it's up to the person whether they believe, and it's inappropriate of us to say otherwise. Did your child find out on their own from someone else? She always knew. o r do you keep everything alive and continue on telling your child its real? Our holidays are plenty "alive." and how many of you still mark 'From Santa' on your christmas gifts? We don't exchange Christmas gifts. Now, to turn your question around. You stated: but than again you have that one kid that makes them upset by telling them that all of it is not real. Our child had to spend her younger years dealing with people who assumed she believed in something that doesn't exist, or who told her "Santa isn't bringing you anything" because we don't celebrate Christmas. She was also told she must be a bad girl, because Santa visits "all" good children. Hurt works both ways. All the best.

8

WHAT!? THERES NO SANTA!? But.. But... Who delivers all the presents?

Honestly... You should explain it at 6 or 7. Although I don't think they should ever be told that there is a santa/tooth fairy/easter bunny. I remember feeling awful when I finally figured it out.

13

Around 26

18

• Carl

By the time a kid is 8, that is a little old to believe in those types of things. Better to come from you than a kid at school. Somebody outted Santa for my kid when she was 5.

age 21

• Ronni

most figure it out between the ages of 5 and 8

other kids at school usually start letting the secret out at around that time, my son was 6 and my daughter was almost 8