Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Acne Scars?

what treatments or products will help get rid of small acne scars?

it's really annoying having to cover them with tons of foundation even when I don't have any actual acne.

what will lighten them or make them less noticeable?

I heard that laser treatments work but where do you get them done? how much do they cost?????

Update:

does the murad acne spot lightening gel work at all?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Completely getting rid of acne scars takes a long time. Getting rid of scars isn't very easy.

Squeezing or picking at acne can damage the skin tissue around the acne. This can lead to the scarring that is such a concern for many people.

If the nature of your scars is mild to moderate, then home remedies are sufficient. There are many lotions based on alpha hydroxyl acid and retinol. These lotions are very effective for the treatment of the acne scars. it also depends on the type of your skin. If you have a sensitive skin type, it will be better not to use lotions based on the above ingredients. They can harm sensitive skin. There is a specific range of medications to treat people who can not undergo retinol and alpha acid treatments. The most effective among them are lavender oil, aloe vera juice and rosehip seed oil. They can heal scars without harming the skin in the long run.

I suggest trying aloe vera juice and putting that on your face at night where the scars are.

Exfoliate your skin with baking soda. Often times a version of baking soda is used in cosmetic microdermabrasion treatments. You can give yourself a mini microdermabrasion treatment by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with the two teaspoons of filtered water. Then gently rub the mixture on your acne scar for sixty seconds then rinse it off.

Also, try lemon juice.

To use the lemon juice treatment to remove your acne scar you will need to first wash your face with warm water. Then pour some lemon juice on a cotton ball, and then gently rub the effected acne mark area. For best results leave the lemon juice on your face for about 10 minutes and then dry the affected acne scar area.

To start seeing results with the lemon juice it can take anywhere from one day and even up to three months. Results will vary depending on the seriousness of the acne problem.

Another big factor in reducing or getting rid of acne scars is that you will also need to watch the kind of oils you are putting into your body. Some oils that you use is just screaming acne come and get me!

One of the most common forms of vegetable oil is the sunflower oil. It is highly recommended that if you are using such oils in your cooking then you should consider stop using them to cook as it will only increase the risk of more acne break outs.

By avoiding the use of vegetable oils in your cooking, it has been reported that it can be one of the leading factors in clearing up your acne by 50%. Even in sever cases it has been said that that people who stopped using such vegetable oils, have been completely relieved of any future acne outbreaks.

Ready to hear this? Believe it or not by drinking more than the recommended 8 glasses of water daily will immediately begin to see results with getting rid of your acne scars. If you are a severe acne suffer you should stay away from carbonated drinks, and caffeine drinks such as coffee, and sodas.

Or if you have the money, go to a dermatologist.

If you have serious scarring from previous bouts with acne, there are some things you can do. One form of treatment is laser resurfacing, which can be done in the doctor's or dermatologist's office. The laser removes the damaged top layer of skin and tightens the middle layer, leaving skin smoother. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. The doctor will try to lessen any pain by first numbing the skin with local anesthesia. It usually takes between 3 and 10 days for the skin to heal completely.

Another method for treating acne scarring is dermabrasion, which uses a rotating wire brush or spinning diamond instrument to wear down the surface of the skin. As the skin heals, a new, smoother layer replaces the abraded skin. It may take a bit longer for skin to heal using dermabrasion — usually between 10 days and 3 weeks.

The newest form of treatment for acne scarring is called fractional laser therapy. This type of treatment works at a deeper level than laser resurfacing or dermabrasion, Because fractional laser therapy doesn't wound the top layer of tissue, healing time is shorter. Fractional laser therapy is quite costly, and it's not usually covered by insurance.

A person's acne will need to be under control before having any of these treatments.

Depending on the severity of the acne scars, the doctor or dermatologist may also suggest a chemical peel or microdermabrasion to help improve the appearance of scarred areas. These milder treatments can be done right in the office.

Some of these are rather expensive though

• 4 years ago

Source(s): One Week Acne Cure - http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?RoTs
  • Lori
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

• 5 years ago

Few days back, I too had the same question in my mind - how to get rid of acne scars ? I was confused and tensed. I really wanted to get rid of it at the earliest possible.

I stumble upon this website http://AcneRemoval.DrHealthExpert.com

They guided me all the way to complete removal of the scars, without any surgery and any severe medications.

It was all in the natural way. Now My skin is again beautiful and it glows and shines. I dont worry a bit now about the acne scars

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are a number of medications; creams and acne blemish treatments that can be used to reduce the appearance of acne scars.Log on to http://tipsfromruby-acne.blogspot.com/ for a few home made tips to heal acne .

• JeeYa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Apply the juice of crushed leaves of marigold over the spots.

Make a paste of Kasturi & turmeric & apply the paste on the face daily. The kasturi may also be used before using soap while bathing. The person must not be turmeric allergen.

Grind turmeric, sandalwood, neem leaves & gram flour to make a smooth paste & apply it on face and neck, this could also be used for curing boils.

Make a paste of multani mitti, sandalwood powder & rose water & apply it once in a week.

Put a cotton wool in mint juice extract and then put it out & apply on the acne.

Apply red sandalwood or plain sandalwood paste on face which acts as antiseptic & keeps the skin cool.

Mix a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder with coriander juice & apply it on face daily before going to bed. It is effective for blackheads & pimples.

The juice obtained from the raw potato is effective in clearing skin blemishes due to high content of potassium, sulphur, phosphorous & chlorine. Care must be taken that the potato is raw potato as they are composed of live organic atoms.

Apply the following scrub thrice a week for acnes and pimples.

Half cup of mashed papaya.

One fourth cup of grated cucumber.

Four to five mashed strawberries.

Make the mixture above and add ½ cup of cornmeal or rice powder and juice of lime. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then apply it gently on face and neck for another half an hour and then wash it off.

Use lavender oil to apply directly on the acne.

Rub the pimples with fresh cut pieces of garlic.

The swelling can be reduced by placing the strawberry leaves on acne.

Cut the tomato in half & rub it on your face. Keep it for 15 minutes & then wash it off.

The egg white is great remedy overnight, just use a Q-tip to dab on egg white directly to the pimple.

Apply a juice of raw papaya on swelling pimples.

Take vitamin B5 and zinc supplements daily. This would strengthen the skin resistance to acne.

Make a paste of salt in vinegar. Rub it on pimple. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water

Make a face mask by mixing the white part of an egg and apply it on your face for 15 minutes. The vitamin A in this will affect a lot.

Rub ice cubes on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will tighten the pores on your face.

Massage the face with the skin of lemon before washing with lukewarm water

Orange peel pounded well with water. Apply is to affected areas.

You can also apply a little starch paste on the pimple regularly till the pimple disappears.

Garlic is also used for the treatment of acne. Rub garlic juice several times on pimple, it might hurt but the pimples will vanish without leaving a scar. Consuming raw garlic is also a permanent cure

• 1 decade ago

I have tried many many things and honestly gave up...I do know that wearing some kind of SPF sunscreen will help them to fade because sun light darkens the spots. I have been trying Palmer's skin success fading cream ...it helped..they are lighter in color but I still wear make up so it's really not worth it to me. I heard microdermabration helps too but I wouldn't know first hand.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you might find some help here for getting rid or reducing acne scar -

http://www.skin-whitening-product.com/reducing-acn...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.