If the cable tech accidently gave me cable TV channels?

I had my broadband internet service activated by a tech from a cable provider. I found out, all by accident, that when I plug in cable coax line to my HDTV, I was able to get a LOT more channels including CNN. I don't understand what happened. Is it best to unplug the cable coax from my HDTV or just watch... show more I had my broadband internet service activated by a tech from a cable provider.
I found out, all by accident, that when I plug in cable coax line to my HDTV, I was able to get a LOT more channels including CNN.
I don't understand what happened.
Is it best to unplug the cable coax from my HDTV or just watch those huge amount of extra channels until cable company notices?
Update: But I did not order cable channels. I only ordered Internet. I ordered and got my Internet activated several months ago, and I did not find out about all these extra channels until this week.