Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why would someone name their child Kitten?

My coworker's 60 year old lady friend is named Kitten, not Kitty but Kitten.

my mother used to call me kitten when she made me dance for her bridge club. the ladies would applaud and say 15 year old boys aren't usually so graceful. oly out.

I knew a redneck from Texas who named his son Mister. Ironically his last name was Wright. The father said that his son would always get respect if his name was Mister.

Yes, Kitten is a strange name. I've called girlfriends Kitten before, but only as a nickname. I guess her parents wanted their daughter to have a memorable name. Here on the reservation kids get the strangest names too. Names that don't even exist in foreign languages. I'm not sure where this predolection for strange names on the reservation came from but it's popular to give kids names like K'Shon, Willemeenia, Labrynth, Ruby Red, T'Shinga....the list goes on and on. It becomes a pain in the butt when you're trying to buy personalized coffee cups for guys like that.

I have a friend named Kitten. Don't want to go there...

It is a little known fact that the Devil will not take people with goofy names. He cannot afford any laughter in hell. It is an insurance policy for bad parents who know they won't be raising their kids right.

That's a pretty harsh thing to do to your child. Almost as harsh as naming your child Muffy. True story, I went to this summer camp with a girl named Muffy who kept trying to change her name to Marissa.

Cause they really wanted her to grow up to be a stripper ?

P.S. It was Chris Martin and Gweneyth Paltrow that named their daughter Apple.

I dont know why but seems to me its kinda cute.. well after all Kitty is cute too for a name..LOL

I know someone that named their children Notorious and Million. Nothing like bringing the gangsta out of them at birth.

I knew a chic named Kitten years ago...strange isn't it?

I have an Aunt Cookie.... does this make you feel better now... I actually have family that is named after one of my most favorite childhood treats...*runs away crying*