burritos with fresh veggies?
better with homemade beans and lettuce, and veggies...?
- 1 decade agoFavourite answer
I have some great burrito recipes!!
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 30 Min
* 8 bacon strips
* 1 1/2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
* 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
* 4 eggs
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 6 (8 inch) (8 inch) flour tortillas
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp;drain on paper towels. Brown potatoes and onion in drippings. In a bowl, beat eggs; add milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; cook and stir until eggs are set. Crumble bacon and stir into eggs. Sprinkle with cheese. Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon egg mixture down center of tortillas; fold in sides of tortilla. Serve with salsa.
OR if u want it spicy
Chili Potato Burritos
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 35 Min
* 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
* 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* salt and pepper to taste
* 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
* 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon evenly into tortillas, and roll up. Place rolled tortillas side by side in a 8x8 inch baking pan. Spread enchilada sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Or something for breakfast
Breakfast Burritos with Green Salsa
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 25 Min
READY IN 45 Min
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 8 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
* salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/2 pound bulk chorizo sausage
* 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 5 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup green salsa
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the potato slices in the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan to a baking sheet and put in the warm oven.
3. Stir chorizo into skillet and cook until browned and crumbly, stirring frequently to break apart. Pour off the grease, then place the chorizo in the oven with the potatoes. Wipe the skillet dry with paper towels.
4. Wrap the tortillas with aluminum foil and place in the warm oven.
5. Melt butter in the skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs and continually stir while cooking. When the eggs are nearly set, mix in the chorizo and potatoes. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted; just before serving, fold in the cilantro.
6. Place the tortillas onto individual plates and spoon the eggs onto the lower half of each. Fold the sides over the filling, then roll the tortillas into a tight cylinder; top with green salsa to serve.
- 1 decade ago
I love making homemade burritos.
I use either canned refried beans or canned black beans, add about 1/2 package of taco seasoning to the beans and stir them up.
Top with cheese, lettuce, onion, sour cream and your favorite salsa. =)