Manoj V asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Why we need to open the window shutters during take off & landing of plane?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

You are asked to raise your shade so that in the event of an accident you can see through the window to help you remain oriented (which way is up, etc.). Because of this, it lets you see what hazards there are outside the plane (fires, debris and such), which would be important during an evacuation. It also serves as a way to let light into the cabin and make it easier for rescuers to see inside.

Upon descent (and also if you are taking off at night) they dim the lights to help your eyes adjust to the darkness, so if anything happens and it goes dark, you're not suddenly blinded while dashing for the exits. It makes the emergency path/exit lights more visible, as these might be the only lights you see in an emergency. As with the shades, it allows you to see outside for orientation, because with the cabin lights burning brightly, the glare would make it impossible.

Source(s): Husband is a pilot Frequent world traveler http://www.angelfire.com/jamiehassen79/travel.html
  • 4 years ago

there is not any FAA regulation that stipulates passengers ought to open the window colorings for take off or landing. notwithstanding, some flight attendants do comprise this into their protection repertoire. The approach in the back of it truly is, contained in the variety of an emergency, it can make it that a lot a lot less complicated to judge circumstances outdoors of an plane if an evacuation grow to be warranted. As for the seats and tray tables, there are a range of of reliable motives for this. The seats at the prompt are not locked till they're contained in the upright position. So, if there is, say, a hydraulic failure on landing, and also you're sleeping on your reclined seat. in the adventure that your seat isn't locked, you'd be in undesirable structure on effect. they're going to be choosing products of your head out of your fanny for months. The tray table difficulty: imagine your self flying down the runway at about one hundred eighty to 2 hundred miles an hour. on the perfect chop up 2d, the pilot has to abort takeoff, which ability he SLAMS on the BRAKES!! in the adventure that your seat belt grow to be even a wee bit free, that tray table might want to easily about slice you in 2. There extremely are motives for each area you imagine are ridiculous. yet hi, it truly is by your self protection. i'm double buckled in my jumpseat, i'd be fantastic in an emergency. in case you do not opt to conform, do not. yet extremely, imagine of how ridiculous it extremely is? you at the prompt are not hurting me once you opt on now to not make certain your own protection.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.