Domestic violence?

There are my neighbours, they fight all the time, he throws chairs at her, and throws her against the wall, and she screams, and their children scream. One day it was worse than ever, so I called the police. They said that they were coming, and the woman talked to me and kept me on-line. I did not know one must... show more There are my neighbours, they fight all the time, he throws chairs at her, and throws her against the wall, and she screams, and their children scream. One day it was worse than ever, so I called the police. They said that they were coming, and the woman talked to me and kept me on-line. I did not know one must stay on talking, I had to go and dropped her. When I called again later on, I was told that
they did not open the door.
Now the fights and shouts are worse than ever. Can I call them again, or they won't believe me and won't come (I heard that a lot of people come to "joke" or what not)?