Premature gray in teens, dyed for years. It's over 70% white, how to transition?

Started going gray in streaks, in teens. Started frosting my hair in late 20's and it looked good. Started dying my hair, close to natural color, late 30's. I've let it grow out and the "color" is darker than it used to be. I'm 70% white, with some streaks and I'd like to... show more Started going gray in streaks, in teens. Started frosting my hair in late 20's and it looked good. Started dying my hair, close to natural color, late 30's. I've let it grow out and the "color" is darker than it used to be. I'm 70% white, with some streaks and I'd like to "own" it. The dye line looks trashy and I was considering frosting it, while it grows out. Any ideas for transitioning? My gray is really the shiny silver/white and I'd rather play it up, for the sparkle factor.

How stupid will it look frosted, with dark blond on the bottom, white/dark up top? I never had dark hair growing up, the color differential has thrown me for a loop. I don't want to dye it anymore, there's always a lighter stripe at the roots, because my white doesn't really hold color; even when the pros do it.
1 answer 1