Do you think people who enjoy the whole concept of torturing another human being are mentally ill?

I posted a similar question yesterday, the Rightwingnut sexually repressed report freaks had it deleted. So, I have no choice but to re-word it and post it again. Do you? do you think any human being perpetrating a practice which is illegal all over the world, and which the United States has actually tried... show more I posted a similar question yesterday, the Rightwingnut sexually repressed report freaks had it deleted.

So, I have no choice but to re-word it and post it again.

Do you? do you think any human being perpetrating a practice which is illegal all over the world, and which the United States has actually tried and hung the Japanese for, are perverse, sick people?

Please keep in mind that our own military has testified repeatedly that torture does not give reliable intelligence, and therefore there is positively NO "reason" for it to be used whatsoever.

Except for the sadistic satisfaction. There is no other explanation.
Update: Captain: So...you're calling Jesus a p*ssy? How very...interesting.
Update 2: to honeybee: #1) How many thousands of times do you have to be told that the people being tortured ARE NOT TERRORISTS. THEY ARE PEOPLE SNATCHED OFF THE STREETS AND OUT OF THEIR HOMES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR THE DAMN BOUNTY MONEY OFFERED BY UNCLE SAM. #2) You are talking about revenge, not... show more to honeybee:

#1) How many thousands of times do you have to be told that the people being tortured ARE NOT TERRORISTS. THEY ARE PEOPLE SNATCHED OFF THE STREETS AND OUT OF THEIR HOMES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR THE DAMN BOUNTY MONEY OFFERED BY UNCLE SAM.

#2) You are talking about revenge, not "intelligence gathering" which makes you exactly, precisely like the very terrorists you are wanting to kill

#3) It is not the job or responsibility of American soldiers to carry out "punishment" or "revenge." What is this - the Dark Ages?
Update 3: Silver - A most excellent, well-reasoned, articulate response. And I am very sincere in my interpretation of those individuals who "support" torture as being people who are deeply sexually repressed.
Update 4: COPPER CAT: I bow in respect and awe at your factual, rational, logical, sane contribution. My overwhelming gratitude goes to you for providing all these links. Thank you for the excellent rebuttal against that ONE name the torture sadists keep trotting out as "proof" that torture works. Ladies and... show more COPPER CAT: I bow in respect and awe at your factual, rational, logical, sane contribution. My overwhelming gratitude goes to you for providing all these links. Thank you for the excellent rebuttal against that ONE name the torture sadists keep trotting out as "proof" that torture works.

Ladies and gentlemen? Please read this information provided. Do you consider yourself to be a rational person? Then you cannot maintain the same belief when you are confronted with evidence which flies in the face of that belief.

UNLESS YOU JUST LIKE TO HURT PEOPLE.
Update 5: To gardensallday: I apologize to you personally for hurting your feelings, but I do not take back my question. I standfastly assert that a person who would intentionally cause pain to another human being does, indeed, have something in their minds and souls that is not right. I *did* take "introductory... show more To gardensallday: I apologize to you personally for hurting your feelings, but I do not take back my question.

I standfastly assert that a person who would intentionally cause pain to another human being does, indeed, have something in their minds and souls that is not right.

I *did* take "introductory classes in psychology" and I remember no studies of the kind you refer to. I'll be happy to read anything on the subject which you would care to email me.

FYI - I have a bi-polar person in my family, and have attended the NAMI family education course on psychological disorders. I'm hardly tossing around "mentally ill" indiscriminately. I'm far more familiar with mental illness and how it affects all those connected with the person than I would ever care to be.
Update 6: To gardensallday: Thank you sincerely for your additional post. And actually, as I was reading it, I began to remember the "experiment" about shocking that you have given us here. I do remember that. And as I emailed you just a little while ago, I totally agree with you that "normal" people can... show more To gardensallday: Thank you sincerely for your additional post. And actually, as I was reading it, I began to remember the "experiment" about shocking that you have given us here. I do remember that. And as I emailed you just a little while ago, I totally agree with you that "normal" people can be gotten to do horrible things to other people. The SS guards during the holocaust nightmare had families to feed, too, and I'm quite sure they thought they were "normal" too.

However.

Blatant, outright, clear, TORTURE does not fit under either of these categories.

An "experiment" where people were told they were "helping someone to learn" is most certainly not the same as DROWNING someone with your own two hands.

Being a "part of an organization" - even though that organization is charged with the genocide of an entire people - still lets the individual off the hook because they are nameless, faceless.

What is happening with torture currently is "hands on" approach.