At what age do you tell a child that Santa doesn't exist?

I have a 10 year old daughter who is going to senior school next September and she still believes in Santa (I think her friends do too). I think that after Christmas she should be told. At what age were you (or your child) told?
Update: Thanks for all your views so far (except aires69u who should read megano's answer for my reason in asking the question in the first place). The thing is that i've made it difficult for her to find out for herself because every Christmas Eve we get a family friend to dress up as Santa, her and her younger... show more Thanks for all your views so far (except aires69u who should read megano's answer for my reason in asking the question in the first place). The thing is that i've made it difficult for her to find out for herself because every Christmas Eve we get a family friend to dress up as Santa, her and her younger brother hide behind the sofa and watch him place the presents under the tree with just the light of the xmas tree. So you see, she may never figure it out unless his beard drops off or something!
Update 2: I would love her to carry on believing for the rest of her life but I don't want her being bullied over it at school - life's hard enough!
Update 3: Message to aires69u (short for "airhead"). I sympathize with your illiteracy but I have already given adequate reasons for my question (and asked politely too!) I would suggest that you get your mummy to read it for you again and explain these reasons in simple terms so you can understand. I have read... show more Message to aires69u (short for "airhead"). I sympathize with your illiteracy but I have already given adequate reasons for my question (and asked politely too!) I would suggest that you get your mummy to read it for you again and explain these reasons in simple terms so you can understand. I have read everyone's answers (which is why I gave thanks and offered further explanations as to why their advice may not work). I am grateful for everyone's opinions, however much they differ, but your rudeness is unnecessary!
Update 4: Ingrid - thanks for your answer. I had actually considered telling my children from "Day 1" that Santa doesn't exist for the very same reason but then realised that all the hundreds of children around them do, and I didn't want them to spoil it for everyone else! I also remembered how wonderful... show more Ingrid - thanks for your answer. I had actually considered telling my children from "Day 1" that Santa doesn't exist for the very same reason but then realised that all the hundreds of children around them do, and I didn't want them to spoil it for everyone else! I also remembered how wonderful it was for me believing as a child and wanted my children to have the same. My kids know the true meaning of Christmas - Santa brings Jesus' star for each of them and hangs it on the tree. They also have a nativity scene and go to church too!
Update 5: Dearest Airhead - please pay attention at school as your lack of reading and comprehension skills will be the subject of severe bullying (something that I'm trying to protect my much loved daughter from!) Your mummy has obviously given up on your lack of intellect so I will explain my question one more time... show more Dearest Airhead - please pay attention at school as your lack of reading and comprehension skills will be the subject of severe bullying (something that I'm trying to protect my much loved daughter from!) Your mummy has obviously given up on your lack of intellect so I will explain my question one more time (before I run out of room on this page). "My daughter is starting senior school in September, she still believes in Santa, she's not likely to figure it out easily because she sees him every Xmas Eve in the flesh. If the kids find out that she still believes she will most certainly be bullied. At what age do you tell your child that he doesn't exist?" I cannot see any idiocies, patronizing behaviour or controlling undertones in this question at all and it seems that no one else does either! So what's your problem? I have looked through some of your previous answers because I have concerns on your state of mind. I rest my case on your illiteracy - "explosives", dear dear!!!