Question about evoultion?

This is my question. IF evoultion is true, how come humans have an inclination to help other humans from different races and nationalities, even giving their lives? Doesnt this contradict "Survival of the fittest" from which we evoulved? (gah, spelling sucks today) I mean, even ants while helping their... show more This is my question. IF evoultion is true, how come humans have an inclination to help other humans from different races and nationalities, even giving their lives? Doesnt this contradict "Survival of the fittest" from which we evoulved?
(gah, spelling sucks today) I mean, even ants while helping their own, would kill an ant from another colony if the ant was in danger as oppossed to helping it. And I study evoultion-you cant evolve altruism (like I said, spelling sucks)
Update: Ha! but you contradict what evoultion says. why save what is going to die anyway? survival of the fittest right? why would you let a weak one live?
Update 2: And wouldnt perserving the species mean you would let the weak ones die, so the weak one would not pass on its genes?
Update 3: Well corrision,(or however you spell it) You should call up your big boys, cause thats what your future atheists are learning in school, what I just said regarding survival of the fittest.
Update 4: And corrison your right the fittest genes get passed through, but if your weak, what genes do you have
Update 5: Red, your wrong. Like I said before, ants from different colonies will fight rather than help each other. They are the same "race", but different colony. same goes with packs of wolves, and any other social species.
Update 6: Corrison, I dont even need to tell you. just pick up any evoultion book.
Update 7: Geek, that has to be the STUPIDEST thing I have EVER heard.
Update 8: Corrison, I'm talking about the average school book.