I keep having dreams of my ex girlfriend trying to kill me, help?

About 2 years ago, my ex girlfriend broke into my apartment, took one of my pistols, and tried to kill me and this girl I was having sex with at the time - I mean literally having sex with as she pulled the loaded weapon on us. Luckily, I was drunk, so I was able to wrestle the gun away from her. It has been two... show more About 2 years ago, my ex girlfriend broke into my apartment, took one of my pistols, and tried to kill me and this girl I was having sex with at the time - I mean literally having sex with as she pulled the loaded weapon on us. Luckily, I was drunk, so I was able to wrestle the gun away from her. It has been two years now, and I just had another uncomfortable dream that she tried to kill me again. I need to stop thinking about that crazy person and enjoy my life again. I have had this same dream about 3 times a month. It is very vivid. I have not really enjoyed my life since that time, and I am kinda worried about it.

Please do not suggest therapy, as getting therapy for dreams seems kinda strange. Who can I make peace. I will not talk to her again as I have a restraining order in effect. I am in Japan now as well, so I cannot experience western psychotherapy. Your thoughts? Anyone else felt like this? If so, I am sorry.
Update: She tried to kill me in the US, that is not why I am in Japan, but it does help me sleep better. She is not here in Japan.
Update 2: I did not press charges.