Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should I have coffee with a married guy whom I really like just once since I am leaving the country for good?

Iam 25,single but in a relationship for 5yrs. I never cheated on my boyfriend ever since. I met a client from work and I got acquainted with him for 2yrs now. He is married with 2 kids. I really like him very much since I always think about him. Iam really attracted to him. He is a good person, educated and cute. We are casual everytime he goes to our office, very decent. Here's the thing, Iam leaving the country for work and Iam dying to ask him for a cup of coffee before I leave. I know myself, it will definitely be just coffee..Is it ok for me to do that? I might not see him in the future...

Ya gotta be f@@@ kiddin me. Excuse my french but its kind of annoyin when ppl know the answer to their questions yet they want to seek others approval for being in the wrong. Well I'm someone who will answer as truthfully and bluntly possible. DUH lady you should not go out with this guy you are already infatuated with for quote unquote coffee. Although you are trying to tell me and everybody else you know yourself you know what that sh@@ can lead too. Why put yourself in that situation and better yet would you want your man having coffee and possibly fk@@ someone else. If you all have sexual tension he@@ you dont need to be spending anytime with him than what your work calls for. Lil Ms Hot Thang and I use these terms loosely. When you make the point once I leave for the country I may never see him again which really means if I dont try to fu@@ him now I may never get the chance. Keep it real with yourself as well as others . I may have been born at night but not last night. Leave that MARRIED MAN ALONE and dont be all in his face laughin and snickerin trying to entice him just leave him alone. Go have coffee with your own man. ENOUGH SAID!!

Considering the way that you FEEL about him, no. The first bridge that's crossed on the way to cheating is the mental one. If you go have coffee you're opening the door for other things and temptation. Knowing yourself you should know this to be true. Leave well enough alone.

Depends on how vulnerable you are. If you are going to regret it, YOU know that better than me.

Please pray about it, until YOU have an answer, from that "still small voice" inside of you, whether it is your conscience answering, or God's voice.

I refuse to give you permission to be "surprised" by a one time fling with this married man you like.

Talk to him on the phone instead. Don't hope to send mixed messages!

Imagine you are his wife, and see if you like the idea.

If you must "carry a torch" for the guy, do it silently in secret. Don't wear a "scarlet letter".

You want an straight forward answer? " NO."...You have no Business even thinking that way......

I Have a feeling If you Do, You Had better leave the Country!>>> " LEAVE HIM ALONE DEAR, HE'S A MARRIED MAN AND A FATHER!!"

As long as you keep this acquaintance as a "coffee" meeting only and it does not include any kind of desert. Know what I mean. As long as you do not cross the line you should be fine.

YES... if you won't ever see him again then deffinitely close your friendship off on a positive note with good memories and conversation before you leave..

No....how would you feel if you were his wife...this is encouraging him....since you have feelings for him...

If you just regard him as a friend then its ok....

If you are with your boyfriend I suggest to talk to him as he will be hurt if you tell him later....

F-coffee, go for the gusto sweetheart!! You may never see him again, and you know you want more than just coffee so why the hell not!!!!

O.K. as long as you don't plan to have coffee in bed.

ONLY if it is MAXWELL HOUSE............Good to the last drop'..........Good Luck and God Bless.................