Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Does anyone ever post 'jokes', here in the Seniors category? Most of which are applicable to adults-seniors,

As some of you know, I only occationally visit this category, as a repreve to the viciousness of the political bunch.

I do not recall having seen much to bring smiles, smirks, laughter, etc.

i.e. Subject: Some ideas for retired husbands or how to prevent being dragged along on shopping trips.

(First, an introduction, by way of a letter to Mrs. XXXXXXX from a major mass marketer)

Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX,

Over the past 6 months, your husband, Mr. YYYY XXXXXXX , has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this type of behavior and have considered banning the entire family from shopping in any of our stores.

We have documented several incidences, three of our clerks are attending counseling, caused by your husbands activities. (ETC & ETC).

1. On June 3rd, moved a 'wet floor sign to the carpeted area.

2. On June 5th, took a jar of catchup, from the grocery dept, and made a trail, on the floor leading to the restrooms.

Anyone interested in my stories??

Sage Seeker, thanks for the invite.

Did you mean that you have previously read this ?

• Gladys

I've read some pretty funny jokes here. We have a very clever bunch of folks on seniors. Here's one to get you started . . .

A preacher visits an elderly woman from his congregation. As he sits on the couch, he notices a large bowl of peanuts on the coffee table. "Mind if I have a few," he asks.

"No, not at all," the woman replied.

They chat for an hour and as the preacher stands to leave, he realizes that instead of eating just a few peanuts, he emptied most of the bowl. "I'm terribly sorry for eating all your peanuts. I really just meant to eat a few." the man said apologetically.

"Oh that's alright," the woman says. "Ever since I lost my teeth, all I can do is suck the chocolate off them."

I've always found incredibly humorous jokes on here. There are so many intelligent and witty people that participate in questions & answers in the Seniors area. But, if you really want to read some extraordinary commentary from someone that has a real way with words and is consistently providing worldly insight and perspective, this charming person is by far my favorite:

• Moe

Bring it on, we all love jokes here on this site, and we are know to tell a few.

Siddhartha's questions are they really questions or are they----.

You just have to look at his questions to see, you never know what you will find there. Looks can be deceiving

And Gladys, always comes up with a few. Stick around and you will enjoy many a tall tale and we all get a chuckle now and then.

Read that one...funny! And you should visit more often ;'cause there are always jokes on this section of Y!A and lots of laughter too! Hint: you can't always tell by the title/Question what is to follow! e.g. siddhartha's offerings

Yes, this site does have some good ones. The last good one I remember was about Moe and Joe.

Yes......I've read quite a few good ones. Everybody needs a good laugh now and then. Post away.

ok,in the bottomof a hollow,many moons ago,an old wpman came out the house,stood lookin up to heaven saying:thank you lord 4 a beaitful day..NEXT door was an atheist and he'd say:there is no lord,but every day was the same,over &over again:::the winter was cold and she ran out of food ,she came out saing::o'lord i;m hungary and no food,can you help me?the man felt sorry 4 her &went and biught 2bags of food and left on her porch,the old lady came out,seeing the food ,saying :::o'lord thank you 4 the food,man next door shouted ,i bought that food,then the old woman says::thank you loard ,man next door bought food and you made the devil pay 4 it

I'M THERE....I'M HERE...... ~lol~ to tell you that one person comes almost daily to share jokes with us & they are great. Laughter is the best medicine, as they say. Feel free to post any clean jokes you may have. We could all use a laugh now & then. Nice to see you here & welcome!!!

Jokes and stories that make us smile are appreciated by all....and I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you. Drop in anytime, or if it starts getting too vicious "over there" just stay with us!

Certainly! I need chuckles every day! Now, when is the next one?!