How to tell if a ceiling fan brace is already installed without tearing up the ceiling or going into the attic

I want to install a ceiling fan where I currently have a light. It would be extremely difficult to get to that light from the attic to see if it is braced for a ceiling fan. If I have to I will cut the drywall around the box to see and use a cover but before I do I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew a way... show more I want to install a ceiling fan where I currently have a light. It would be extremely difficult to get to that light from the attic to see if it is braced for a ceiling fan. If I have to I will cut the drywall around the box to see and use a cover but before I do I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew a way to tell without going into the attic or cutting the drywall.