"Never forget 911". What do Americans mean by this expression?

"A day that will live in infamy..." What a historic speech that was, after the Japense attacked Pearl harbor. Everyone knew exactly what was meant by "remember Pearl harbor". However, what the heck do Americans mean when they say "never forget" during the anniversary of 911? I... show more "A day that will live in infamy..."

What a historic speech that was, after the Japense attacked Pearl harbor. Everyone knew exactly what was meant by "remember Pearl harbor".

However, what the heck do Americans mean when they say "never forget" during the anniversary of 911? I must admitt, when I hear people blabbering this hollow expression, followed by silence and confusion, it just drives me nuts.

At least the "great generation" was willing to face the enemy and call the enemy "the enemy". In America, we cant even do that...we just say "never forget" and pretend like someone knows what the heck that means or what specifically we are supposed to be remembering.

Almost all armed conflict worldwide is Islamic, this is not rocket science...its very plain to see who and what the enemy is, yet we just dont have the courage to speak it.

We are weak weak weak weak......
Update: one_for_the_doctor:

Clearly your one of the people I was referring too....why is it so hard to acknowledge this beastly enemy...why cant you say it?
Update 2: RUTH:

I was loving your post till you backed off a bit with the "radical" addition to the word "Islam". Study Islam and then tell me that the expression "radical islam" is not a redundancy.