Seriously, are we in the Great Depression for PC games?

It is absolutely ridiculous that Starcraft 2 is already on some "Top Games" rankings while we are still 1 year (at best) away from its release. Since when has the question changed from "what's the next good PC game" to "when will Blizzard release its next game?" The games... show more It is absolutely ridiculous that Starcraft 2 is already on some "Top Games" rankings while we are still 1 year (at best) away from its release.

Since when has the question changed from "what's the next good PC game" to "when will Blizzard release its next game?"

The games nowadays are a bunch of eye-candies without "souls." We have a truck load of computer artists. Surprisingly, what we need is - philosophers maybe?

If you think I sound like a whiner about life, go ahead. The gaming industry simply pisses me off. I have 50 bucks on my table, but I don't have the slightest idea about which game to buy.

Thank god there are other good ways to enjoy life.

P.S. I quit WoW, and I'm pretty proud of myself.