check engine light came on 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade 6 cyl. 3.7?

I dont know what could be wrong?? I mantain my truck very well. it has 36k miles, and i guess im concerned about driving it until monday because i dont want it to break down on me..

it could be hundreds of things, literally. but the most common and cheapest are the already mentioned leaking gas cap or cracked evaporative emission hoses. it could be much worse, but if its running ok and shifting, you'll be ok. don't be afraid to drive it as long as its running ok, and the light is not flashing.

Source(s): chrysler tech
  • Betty

Hi Lioness, I tried to find "objectified" and "objectification" in the dictionary and no joy. Well, I'm not exactly sure I understand your queston, but think I might have an idea. Anyway, have you ever heard of the "bell curve"? It's a curve that is shaped like a bell and does a good job of representing statistics. As for beauty, at one end of the curve we have the least attractive and at the other end the most. The same would be true for income ... poorest on one side and richest on the other. In the middle of the bell we have all the average folks. I think what you're saying is true, but just simply a fact of life. We have the full spectrum for both genders. As for why guys don't protest ... I guess they realize that it's just the way things are and protests are unlikely to change anything. Hope this helps!

If it runs OK except for the light being on then chances are you can drive it with no problems but it would be best to have it scanned to see what the trouble code is. Some places will do this for you for free like an Autozone or Pep boys.

I know this works in Grand Cherokees but try turning your key to power 3 times and on the 3rd time a trouble code some read out on the odometer screen. Good Luck-

Mine is doing the samething at this time I have no clue as to what is wrong but going to take some of the suggestions and take to auto zone to see what the code is

if the light is not flashing and its running okay it is probably just a sensor. it moniters hundreds of different things take to auto zone and get the code they will usually do it for free and you will have an idea of what your facing

I had a 2005 liberty and same thing happened. I would take it to a mechanic, mine wasnt a big deal

It could be something as simple as a cracked vacuum line or bad gas cap.