Friends son's bathtub hamster fighting?

I have a friend who has told me in the past that she has to buy a lot of hamsters for her son, because they all seem to die before their time (range of 6months-1 year). She will let him keep 2-3 at a time though and when one dies off she replaces it within a few weeks. Now, I have found out through her 11 year old... show more I have a friend who has told me in the past that she has to buy a lot of hamsters for her son, because they all seem to die before their time (range of 6months-1 year). She will let him keep 2-3 at a time though and when one dies off she replaces it within a few weeks. Now, I have found out through her 11 year old son, that the reason why he goes through so many hamsters is that he takes them, sometimes two at a time or three at a time and puts them in the bathrub and lets them fight it out til the death. I think this is sick and the child needs help, and I honestly don't beleive his mother has a clue what he's up too. What should I do? call the cops? call social services? call animal control?
Update: I haven't let my son play with him for almost a year now, because this isn't my friends son's only weird behavior. I only have my son & daughter for short periods of time (shared custody) and like to spend it with them and the rest of my family exclusively. So no worries about my children being exposed... show more I haven't let my son play with him for almost a year now, because this isn't my friends son's only weird behavior. I only have my son & daughter for short periods of time (shared custody) and like to spend it with them and the rest of my family exclusively. So no worries about my children being exposed to this.
Update 2: ok, I'm a man. and he did it while I was babysitting him. I saw the dead hamster with my own eyes. It was definitly dead and bleeding.

I've read on some websites while researching this that syrian hamsters(I think thats what theyre called) can be hostile with each other and even kill each other.