How do you like my poem?

Not the same

Poems are never the same

Once they are shared with someone

No longer a closed door with a dangling key

Tempting them to its endless possibilities

But once opened

It’s never quite the same again

It’s beauty has been beheld

And now it lies on the ground,

Dried up

Half dead

Unless its maker breathes new life into it again

And it can soar like it did before

Free and unchained

Alive

dont you ever feel that if you show someone a poem that you wrote, its just not as special anymore?

dd, you couldn't have said it any better. it does feel like you gave away something that should be kept secret! i luv how u sed that

yeah. i feel that way too. so when we let others read our poems, we feel like we give away a secret intimate part of ourselves. and that's why it doesn't seem that special anymore, after has been read. because it's someone else's too. it's not just ours.

Source(s): personal experience

I agree w/dd 100% LOL! tHaTs CoRrEcT! Anyway I do feel that way when I read my poems to people they are no longer new they r yesterdays news. its no longer personal anymore.

I loved the poem. KeEp W* r* I *t*T* i *N* g*!!!

You are a writer, no 2B about it. This is very good. The next steps are Great Writer and Professional Writer...

Hmm...... very interesting.I sort of feel the same way. :-)

its beautiful