Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesAudi · 1 decade ago

audi tt roadster?

im 15 and would like my first car to be an audi tt roadster. do you think this is a good first car for me?

have you ever driven or owned one? if so, what are your thoughts on how they run? are they expensive used?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Don't listen to them. If you can afford a good car, get it. But don't go crazy! I would suggest you buy an older one (ie the Mk1 version not the outgoing Mk2). It is an excellent car and at the time represented the best of what Audi could offer in the sports car sector. The engine output I would suggest is the 1.8 Turbo, mated with the Quattro all-wheel-drive system. This car handles like a go-cart (note: that's a good thing) but also provides its passengers with exceptional luxuries, thus maintaining the high level of quality materials that Audi uses in its cars, especially in its interior. Also, the gas consumption is very good with numbers around 30 mpg for the highway. Also, the safety is not as good as that in a A4 of that time, but definitely beat the safety of the other competitors' cars, such as the BMW Z3 and Mercedes-Benz SLK.

Now, I must add that you would be better off with the coupe. The Roadster is a little risky due to its low height, something that can be very scary when you're driving next to a semi-truck.

It is up to you. I hope I helped. Good luck with your purchase.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Audi TT is a good car to buy but not right now cos its complicated with its double clutch gearbox and its more expensive to mentain then to buy and the aftersales services are sky rocketing and if you have tht kinda money then buy yourself a Mini Cooper S cos I think tht would be a perfect for your 16th year of your life as it is not a very expensive car to mentain as its owned by BMW and so will it not break down anytime soon also and lets put it this way a mini cooper is a fashion statement where as the Audi TT is a Lifestyle and/but the for a 16 yr old Gurl I would suggest a Mini Cooper

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well audi tt is a fast car, i suggest a slower car so u wont hurt urself and then when u get the hang of driving maybe ur second car can be a tt

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont think its a good car for you cuz its a nice one. you should probably buy a crappier one untill u get used to driving. i've driven a TT but not a roadster and theyre pretty fast. theyre not that expensive to buy but expensive to maintain. my bro is selling one if my advice doesnt do much for you.

Source(s): driven one
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.