How do you deal with an overbearing/control freak boss?

Why from an H/R stand point do they always side with the supervisor? Even if there is evidence of mistreatment and discrimination.
Update: I busted my butt for over a year and he took everything and passed it off as his. I have very limited contact with othrs outside this department. He will look for me if I am away from my desk too long. There are two others in here, but they have both been here longer than me; so he basically lets them do what... show more I busted my butt for over a year and he took everything and passed it off as his. I have very limited contact with othrs outside this department. He will look for me if I am away from my desk too long.

There are two others in here, but they have both been here longer than me; so he basically lets them do what they want- lifers ya know. He was told by management that they could not be touched.

Since I am the only person that he has actually made it a point to mircromanage to the extreme. What's the point of being a controller if you can't control people is kind of the impression that he is giving off.