How do you deal with an overbearing/control freak boss?

Why from an H/R stand point do they always side with the supervisor? Even if there is evidence of mistreatment and discrimination.

I busted my butt for over a year and he took everything and passed it off as his. I have very limited contact with othrs outside this department. He will look for me if I am away from my desk too long.

There are two others in here, but they have both been here longer than me; so he basically lets them do what they want- lifers ya know. He was told by management that they could not be touched.

Since I am the only person that he has actually made it a point to mircromanage to the extreme. What's the point of being a controller if you can't control people is kind of the impression that he is giving off.

• kam
    Favorite Answer

Businesses will always side with the upper levels involved in the situations. They have put time and money into this person. Where as you are an expendable grunt- they can find someone to replace you easier than upper level personnel.

In most situations, the higher leveled person will get reprimanded, but you will ultimately pay the price.

In situations like this it is best to find something else. You are not going to win and you might even have problems finding a job later if you are fired.

My advice show up, do your work and leave. Stay quiet and just do the minimum to get the job done. Look for something and hopefully it will come soon.

Good Luck.

Kill them with kindness.

Seriously, HR will side with management 95% of the time. If the situation becomes intolerable, then just slip out the back door and don't make a fuss...just move on.

Start doing less and look for a new job. Thats what I did and it worked out for the best. Don't both with HR because they won't do anything.

the same thing is going on with me. It is not fair! H/R does not know a Dam thing about what is legal or not. Yes I want another Job but they do not come as easy. Have you tried going out on stress?

politely point it out or start looking for another job.

have you ever seen the movie office space?