Why would a guy ask for your # and then not call???

I met this amazingly hot guy at a club this past Sat night. We hit it off, We shared this amazing couple of kisses and danced all evening together. Then he asked for my phone number before i left to go home. He seemed really into me, and I was certainly into him!!! But now its Wed and he hasn't called yet. I... show more I met this amazingly hot guy at a club this past Sat night. We hit it off, We shared this amazing couple of kisses and danced all evening together. Then he asked for my phone number before i left to go home. He seemed really into me, and I was certainly into him!!!
But now its Wed and he hasn't called yet. I know i gave him the correct phone # because i put it into his phone myself. The only thing I can think is he's a player and never wanted to call, but asked for my # as a courtesy. I'm trying to tell myself to not care but I really liked this guy and want to get to know him. The problem is I don't have his # so the ball is in his court. Is he a player? Or maybe he's got a gf? What gives?
Update: Well today is my b-day so maybe he wanted to wait until after that?